boost option problems

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
315Customs

boost option problems

Post by 315Customs »

ok so I went and had my car tuned today with my s200. Before going to get tuned I emailed Hondata and had the options checked against my serial number and I have Boost and Data logging.

My tuner used his interface box and other needed equipment to tune and burn map. Once I test drove the vehicle after tune with my interface box hooked back up as soon as my supercharger hits boost, check engine light flashed and vehicle hits a fuel/boost cut as if my s200 didnt have boost option. We hooked his interface box up and test drove the vehicle and it ran great.

My tuner called Hondata and they said the serial number has had the boost option purchased for it but probably hasnt been unlocked. After having some connection issues to my interface box my tuner discovered that boost WAS already enabled. Tried calling Hondata back but was closed for lunch break. My tuner could not spend anymore time on a system he didnt sell me which I understood. Any suggestions with this problem?

Please dont say just upgrade to a s300. I plan too but right now not in my budget I just would like to get my s200 fixed.
Surgeon General's Warning:
It IS OK to smoke V8's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

you haven' t proveded any information for us to see. datalog showing the problem, calibration, serial number.....
315Customs

Post by 315Customs »

ok so I'm sitting in my car and been trying to get hondalogger to connect to my ecu. All I keep getting is connection error. I've been trying for a while now and I have the correct COM port set. Every once in a while it says it connected but when i start the car it doest monitor anything and when I click on ECU information it disconnects.

Serial number is s200-0232

ok well now I can get it to connect after bumping up the timeout but it says connected with 1 err but click on Error codes and it shows nothing.
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
Hondata s200 screenshot.jpg (129.84 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
It IS OK to smoke V8's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Was it tuned using Romeditor 3 or Romeditor 4?
315Customs

Post by 315Customs »

RE4
It IS OK to smoke V8's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot datalog with Hondalogger if it has been tuned with RE4. You can only use RE4 to datalog.
315Customs

Post by 315Customs »

how do I get RE4 to connect to my ECU. I have it pulled up but the option to start dataloggin is grayed out so I cant click on it.
It IS OK to smoke V8's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must go to options, settings, and under s200 you must make sure you set the com port corectly and made sure you set it to datalog throug a serial port.
315Customs

Post by 315Customs »

ok am I doing something wrong or is my computer or hondata?

heres the screen shots of RE4 settings, just RE4 after pushing OK on settings, and just in case a screen shot of my device manager showing you my usb serial cable is COM8
Attachments
RE4 settings.jpg
RE4 settings.jpg (110.44 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
RE4.jpg
RE4.jpg (57.45 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
device manager.jpg
device manager.jpg (100.14 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
It IS OK to smoke V8's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We only recommend the use of the Keyspan USB to serial adapter. Other brands tend to not work from our experience.
315Customs

Post by 315Customs »

so I need to get a keyspan usb serial cable so I can get you datalogging info so I can figure how to get my interface box to work? I cant drive my car without the boost option. Is there any warranty? Can I just mail it in somewhere to have it looked at?
It IS OK to smoke V8's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you have proper communication between the interface box and the laptob you will be able to go to ECU informatino and see what options are enabled. Based on your previous posts you said that it shows boost is enabled. If it shows enabled then you need to provide a datalog of the problem for us to look at since it does not sound like an interface box problem.
315Customs

Post by 315Customs »

so there is no way of getting my usb serial cable to work? I have a Radio Shack cable http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... age=search

thank you for your help with this
It IS OK to smoke V8's