s200 data logging

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
315Customs

s200 data logging

Post by 315Customs »

I just purchased a s200 system that has boost and data logging, however the seller did not send me the data logging cable to connect to my laptop. Can I use any serial cable or did I need a special cable from hondata?

Also I know we arent suppose to post about this but I did email support with my serial number (s200-0232) asking what options it has and also asked if it has the 3 Step feature. They answered but only to tell me it has boost and data logging, did not say whether or not it has 3 Step. Could someone check on that for me.

Thanks
Kevin
Surgeon General's Warning:
It IS OK to smoke V8's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Whatever options you were told it has are the only options it has. Any serial cable will work.
315Customs

Post by 315Customs »

yea but I was uncertain of the 3 step because it eventually became standard on the s200. I'm just not sure if I have an older model before it was standard.
It IS OK to smoke V8's
bgpmpn

Post by bgpmpn »

from what i have been reading and hearing that the 3 step comes in it after 3/1/05 if its older then that it wont have it
bgpmpn
315Customs

Post by 315Customs »

I guess my point is that how do I know if my system is pre or post that date.
It IS OK to smoke V8's
bgpmpn

Post by bgpmpn »

take it to any tuner and let them plug it in and see what it all has. thats what my tuner told me and then they can make it up to date
bgpmpn
315Customs

Post by 315Customs »

ok so I got my odb2 to odb1 conversion harness in today and went to install my s200. Once everything was hooked up the car starts and runs but I get a slow blinking LED on the interface box (stays on in between blinks). I have a D9 to USB cable to connect to my laptop. I cant seem to get Hondalogger to connect to the ECU. It just says connecting forever. Am I using the wrong cable to connect to the ECU through Hondalogger?
It IS OK to smoke V8's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will need to contact a dealer to have them give you a base map then you will need to tune it on the dyno.

Have you downloaded the User Guide from the downloads section of the website?
EG-nath

Post by EG-nath »

315Customs wrote:ok so I got my odb2 to odb1 conversion harness in today and went to install my s200. Once everything was hooked up the car starts and runs but I get a slow blinking LED on the interface box (stays on in between blinks). I have a D9 to USB cable to connect to my laptop. I cant seem to get Hondalogger to connect to the ECU. It just says connecting forever. Am I using the wrong cable to connect to the ECU through Hondalogger?
i am in the same situation as this, using a obd2-obd1 converter and then when i connect the chipped p28 and hondata unit to the car, it will start and run but i have a constant cel light and the hondata unit blinks but doesnt seem to relate to a code :(

same with connecting it to a laptop :cry:
no one can hear you scream at 9000rpm!! www.nath106.co.uk