can not install rom editor 4

ROM Editor 4 tuning software questions and answers.
japerformance

can not install rom editor 4

Post by japerformance »

hello i cant seem to install the software on the laptop, i have downloaded it from the site under downloads and saved it in my documents then when i run the application i get the error which i have attached if i click retry it just keeps popping up and if i click ignore the software wont work and if i click abort it simply doesnt install anything. Any ideas spunkster
Attachments
error screen after trying to install rom editor
error screen after trying to install rom editor
error.JPG (18.25 KiB) Viewed 15770 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like you already have Romeditor 4 running. Close it then try reinstalling.
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

no i dotn have any hondata software loaded on the system. after i tried installing it it made all the folders etc so i went into control panel and removed everythign and tried again. no success where can i download rom editor 3 to see if that installs
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Uninstall RomEditor4, then check under Program Files for any remaining installation directories. If there are (I see you were installing to a non-default directory), then check that none of the files in these directories are read only. I'd also recommend sticking to the default installation directory.
Hondata
japerformance

Post by japerformance »

ok found the problem there is a file called win32 in the install and mcafee is picking this up as a virus and deleting the file if i unprotect my pc it istalls with no problems.

now that i have it installed and the s200 fitted to the car i can get communication and i am using the keyspan 19h adaptor any help appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you purchased Romeditor 4?