A few problems.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Kraz_13

A few problems.

Post by Kraz_13 »

Hi guys, i just recieved my Hondata S300 a few days ago, its installed in a P72 ecu. I have everything installed and running properly for the most part. So on we go to my questions/problems.

1) The SManager connects to the ECU, it also datalogs no problem...but it freezes and doesn't do anything after about 5-10 min of datalogging/being online. What can this be? I read about the firmware but the "Update Firmware" button is like faded so i can't click it..any ideas?

2) Before the install when its cold my car would idle fine when cold, like do its 1600 rpm idle, and gradually decrese as the coolant warms up. After installing the new ECU (P72) and uploading a base GSR map the idle never goes over 1100. No matter how cold it will always idle at 800-900. It does not seem to respond to the temperature.

Thanks.

By the way...its a P72 ecu with S300 installed on a 96 GSR.
Kraz_13

Post by Kraz_13 »

Well i did some more testing today...
-I cleaned the themostat grounding point...it was corroded, after cleaning no improvement was noticed. Still freezes in under 10 min.
-Then i proceeded to try using hte laptop with a inverter...same thing. Tried again on battery same thing.

-I also tried datalogging at idle...about 8 min later it also froze.
-I also tried datalogging with the engine off...once again it froze.

Soooo...the only 2 things left i can imagine are left are
1)find a non-dell laptop...both mine and my dads are Dell and they freeze like this, so im gonna have to find another one maybe.
2) I read up that the K series people have a problem with the ACTUAL USB cable...so should i maybe try another cable...maybe shorter or something?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you uing resistor or non-resistor spark plugs? Is there anyting non-stock in the ignition system?
Kraz_13

Post by Kraz_13 »

Im using NGK BKR6EIX-11 . OEM cap, OEM rotor (installed a few months ago), NGK wires.

So far the only thing i really haven't tried is using another laptop. Both my dad and I have Dell laptops, tmrw at work im going to try using my friends laptop.
Kraz_13

Post by Kraz_13 »

Ok Update:
-i tried my friends laptop which is a Gateway....and sameeee thing. :cry:

Any more ideas or suggestions, im really frustrated now and don't know what else i can try.

My next step is give my local tuner(s) a call and see what they say and maybe have them try with their laptop thats known to work properly or try my hondata in a different car.

Anyone with any other suggestions or ideas?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Kraz_13 wrote:Ok Update:
-i tried my friends laptop which is a Gateway....and sameeee thing. :cry:

Any more ideas or suggestions, im really frustrated now and don't know what else i can try.

My next step is give my local tuner(s) a call and see what they say and maybe have them try with their laptop thats known to work properly or try my hondata in a different car.

Anyone with any other suggestions or ideas?
Trying in other vehicles would be a good idea.
Kraz_13

Post by Kraz_13 »

Well i thought i'd update with the result.

The s300 was bad, sent it in the my dealer who sent it to Hondata and it was replaced.

The new unit is now in my possesion from a few days ago and it works flawlessly with no issues at all. Datalogs forever without any lag.

Thanks Hondata for excellent customer service. I wish it worked the first time but we all know the world isn't perfect.