Hondata 4 Bar MAP sensor

News and announcements from Hondata.
Hondata
Site Admin

Hondata 4 Bar MAP sensor

Post by Hondata »

re: MAP sensor resolution

There is no significant disadvantage using a 4 bar MAP sensor over any other MAP sensor with regards to resolution.

All MAP sensors produce an analog output with a range of 0V - 5V, with an infinite number of possible voltages in between, so the MAP itself has no bearing on the resolution as read by the ECU. The quantization effect of the ECU AD converter determines the resolution ? this is approximately 0.8 mbar for a stock MAP sensor, 1.5 mbar for a 3 bar MAP sensor and 2.0 mbar for the 4 bar MAP sensor.

The 4 bar MAP sensor gives a worst case resolution of approximately 1% at minimum load, 0.4% at normal driving manifold pressures and 0.2% at atmospheric pressure. While this is less resolution than the stock MAP sensor, the ECU fuelling accuracy is likely to be within 0.05 air fuel ratio points from the tuned setting, and as such is within the resolution requirements for a MAP sensor.

Other factors such as pressure fluctuations from the intake manifold and electrical noise on the MAP sensor wiring produce approximately 2 mbar variation in the MAP sensor signal and produce a greater inaccuracy for the ECU than the MAP sensor resolution.
Hondata
Anointeddc5

Post by Anointeddc5 »

What is the ETA on the K-Series version?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

a few weeks
Axix23

Post by Axix23 »

is it out yet for the k-series?
jopanet

Post by jopanet »

Spunkster wrote:a few weeks

its been a few weeks, update?
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Exciting stuff. :)

Wanna try one out ASAP. Printed out a couple lines from the price page to hang up around the shops. Hopefully is ok.
accord2nrz

Post by accord2nrz »

I considering purchasing the 4 BAR MAP sensor for my F22. How will this affect my car during normal driving as opposed to going into boost. I have a greddy e-manage and i've not heard of anyone using one of these in conjunction with the emanage
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This will not work with an Emanage. It will only work with something like Hondata or a full standalone system.