Innovate LC-1 Wideband with s300

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

Anyone know if I need to CUT D22 or just splice into it with the white wire and keep it connected?

To answer the above post... plenty of people use the LC1, but to get an actual answer out of Spunkster, you may want to consider getting the PLX. At least then, they might try to answer your questions without saying "This is why we only recommend the PLX."

I reprogramed my narrowband output to be 1V = 14AFR and 0V = 15.4V which makes Stoich (14.7AFR) at .50V This was as close as I could figure out. The narrowband works just fine for me, it's my Wideband voltage that's WAY off.
JKingDev

Post by JKingDev »

Have you decided what to do? Judging by pinouts, it seems like D22 is the ground for other sensors too. Therefore, I think you should splice it in, not cut it.
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

Yeah, I spliced into D22 yesterday afternoon. The voltage offset didn't change any so now I'm mad. I have found out that I have a different offset for different voltages.

At 1.00V, my ECU reads 1.97V (-.97V offset)
At 2.45V, it reads 3.02V (-.55V offset)
At 4.00V, it reads 4.16V (-.16V offset)
At 5.00V, it reads 4.88V (+.12V offset)

WTF?
JKingDev

Post by JKingDev »

Does anyone else who wired their LC1 to A25 and D22 per SOHC_STUDENT's instructions have offset problems?

As a tedious temporary fix you could program the sensor into SManager taking the offset into account with several data points. I guess its not a very good solution. Did you attach the power and grounds by crimping? Maybe you should consider soldering them together.
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

Well there's only two datapoints available in Smanager in the new version now, cause I thought of that.

All my connections are soldered too.

According to Innovate, you don't NEED to solder the power wires to A25, you can use any +12V ignition source. I used my fusebox for that one. I moved my ground from the Engine block to D22, and the offset didn't change one bit.
JKingDev

Post by JKingDev »

The reason that I am going to wire it to A25 is having all sensors and ecu using the same power source and same ground should eliminate offset problems. I would suggest that you get power from A25 and ground to D22. I'm not talking from experience, just from my judgment. I think you should try it.
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

Yeah, not sure if I'll heed your suggestion. The LC1 tech support people said that the power just supplies the unit and doesn't use it as a reference. I appreciate the help though.
JKingDev

Post by JKingDev »

Ah, ok. did he have any suggestions? I'm just wondering cause I'll have the same setup soon. I wont have my hondata till the summer though (internship with GM = $$$).
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

I THINK I FOUND THE ANSWER... I traced all my wires and found out that my ELD was OUTPUTTING 4.35V. What the crap??? Then I looked at Hondata's help file and found this little ditty...
Smanager Help File wrote:Note that if the ELD input (D10) is used then R136 and R138 (US ECUs) may need to be removed.
I'll bet Phearable.net didn't remove whatever this is and was causing my problem.

I have since changed my Wideband input from Pin D10 ELD, to my Analog Input 1 on Pin D12. Now everything matches up fine and NO MORE VOLTAGE OFFSET!!!! YAY!!!
jew

Post by jew »

thank you peasly for being the only one who had enough sense to figure this out.

YOU WIN AN INTERNET!
laziebun

Post by laziebun »

when you guys are talking about voltage offset do you guys mean what im experiencing

my log work says 14.5 a/f
and my Smanger says 16.6 a/f
somthing is off.....

0v=7.35af
5v=22.39

im thinking of playing with the voltage offset till the two get pretty close to each other. i have mine hook up like SOHC_STUDENT but didnt use the yellow wire
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

Yes - Exactly.

I'll bet you have the exact same problem we did. Test it out.
laziebun

Post by laziebun »

so what were some of you guys offset set to? mine was at like .63v
laziebun

Post by laziebun »

and another thing, how come when i change the fuel setting the A/F doesnt change???
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

make sure you don't have secondary tables checked