E85 Biofuel & K-Pro.

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
macer

E85 Biofuel & K-Pro.

Post by macer »

Can the K-Pro be mapped for E85 Biofuel? There is a Gas Staion near me starting to sell it and after a small conversion to the Engine you can run your car on E85 or Petrol. The E85 has a much higher Ron and would be great if I get the K-pro mapped for it.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can tune it for any fuel you want.
macer

Post by macer »

Sweet :D

I wasnt sure as the converion kit is connected to the ECU

Taken from the web site http://www.go-on-green.com

Full Flex GOLD is an intelligent electronic manager run by microprocessors and a software that control the vehicle stoichiometry*, thus enabling the ideal fuel adjustment, offering a balance between freedom and economy at refueling time. *stoichiometry (Air + Fuel), also known as ideal combustion.
Full Flex GOLD is a product specially developed by WCV Tools for vehicles with injection system and digital ignition (Multipoint/Monopoint), mainly original flex vehicles.
It aims to offer the choice of using gasoline, ethanol or a mixture of both.
The product is a fully automatic and programmable bi-fuel electronic management system whose functions are controlled by software. This software operates with the information received from the vehicle modules (E.C.U.).
The manager receives the information generated by the module and processes new calculations, thus generating an ultrafine adjustment with increased fuel economy and better performance for the car system.
It can be used in any vehicle in good maintenance condition and mainly in original Flex vehicles, which will display stronger and better system performance.
sprinto7

Re: E85 Biofuel & K-Pro.

Post by sprinto7 »

macer wrote:Can the K-Pro be mapped for E85 Biofuel? There is a Gas Staion near me starting to sell it and after a small conversion to the Engine you can run your car on E85 or Petrol. The E85 has a much higher Ron and would be great if I get the K-pro mapped for it.
I'm running my K20-A2 powered car on E-85. You do not need any "Magic" black box. I changed the injectors to 550cc and increased to fuel delivery amount. You will NEED to tune your car for maximum perfromance and engine SAFETY.

Del Long
BongoBennie

Post by BongoBennie »

I ran E85 for a while and go off and on with it, you will need to run about 30% more fuel than gasoline, just remember that it doesn't make your car "flex fuel", you need to empty the tank when switching fuels.
cpl racing

Re: E85 Biofuel & K-Pro.

Post by cpl racing »

sprinto7 wrote:
macer wrote:Can the K-Pro be mapped for E85 Biofuel? There is a Gas Staion near me starting to sell it and after a small conversion to the Engine you can run your car on E85 or Petrol. The E85 has a much higher Ron and would be great if I get the K-pro mapped for it.
I'm running my K20-A2 powered car on E-85. You do not need any "Magic" black box. I changed the injectors to 550cc and increased to fuel delivery amount. You will NEED to tune your car for maximum perfromance and engine SAFETY.

Del Long
Did you find that the car made best power at different AFR's when using e85?
Hondata, Jackson Racing, Gruppe M, Dyno Dynamics
macer

Post by macer »

I dont think I will use E85 now as the Gas stations in Ireland are now selling E5 http://www.maxol.ie/e5/index.html which has a Ron rating of 99.2 :D and at the same price of normal 95 Ron