Rom V4 problem for start up, not present with Romv3

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
seen4ever

Rom V4 problem for start up, not present with Romv3

Post by seen4ever »

short and simple story,

I was at the track running the car, after updating my 2step, the car turned off. This was related to the MSD distributor failing. Upon fixing the MSD distributor, the car would no longer start on the first turn over. It takes 6-7 attempts, where the car attempts to fire up instantly and then dies. Even when i attempt to start with the gas pedal partially pressed, it will not start. Eventually on attempt 6 or 7, the car will stumble to a start and I'm able to use the gas to raise the RPMs to 1500ish, where after about 10 to 15 seconds, the IACV will then catch and idle the car and upon coolant temperature will bring it back down to where it should be.

When I put in my old rom v3.6x tune, the car will fire up instantly without hestitation.

This leads me to believe this is a Romeditor v4 problem. I had 1.06 installed and just downloaded the 1.0.7 or whichever is the latest version with no change. This just started upon doing a real-time update of the 2-step launch limitor.

I'm open to any suggestions, I would provide a datalog, but it really will not show anything.

What strikes me as odd is the rough idle the car experiences and then after 5-10 seconds, how the car's pitch changes and the IACV picks up. I can tell via the vacuum the car is making, during hte rough idle its at 15in, once the IACV starts working, it drops down to the normal 21in of vacuum.

Car has perfect compression at 190 on all four.

its a fully built car, with everything replaced, but this appears to be strictly software related and only to rom4.

thanks for your help
2004 Infiniti G35c

1992 Honda Civic CX
2005: 11.2@133 cracked sleeve
2006: more power :)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Does the same thing happen if you go to File, New and start from a completely stock base calibration? This sounds more like a corrupt file since we have heard of no other users with this problem.

What vehicle is this on? Since this all started when your distributor failed, it sounds more like that has something to do with this than software.
seen4ever

Post by seen4ever »

92 honda civic
p28 ecu with s200
ERL superdeck II
FR topmount
GT3567r
direct port nitrous
4in downpipe to 4in exhaust
1000cc injectors, external bosch 044 pump
supertech valvetrain

you name it, the car has it.

I thought mechanical as well, but as I said, i put in my old non rom4 file and it fires up perfectly.

I'll try a file new, it took a bit to create the file with the different settings in teh secondary map, so i was just reburning. I'll create a new file though.

One random problem i've encountered, I open up the old file and randomly the motec 3bar values will be zeroed out, i'll have to drop down the box and re-highlight the 3bar to get the values. Also for the secondary map, i have it set to activate with nitrous1 is active, but when i close and re-open the file, it appears as not checked.

I'll create a new file and report back.

I've fixed the MSD distributor, the pin backed out, as has been occuring, I replaced and tried it on another hondata equiped car and it was fine, so i think the mechanical is corrected.
2004 Infiniti G35c

1992 Honda Civic CX
2005: 11.2@133 cracked sleeve
2006: more power :)