Innovate LC-1 Wideband with s300

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jew

Innovate LC-1 Wideband with s300

Post by jew »

i recently purchased a package deal that included the hondata s300 and an innovate lc-1 wideband kit. today i had my tuner install and tune hondata, but he told me he didn't install the lc-1 because i need some other kind of controller to go with it for it to work with hondata. now, i've read a lot of posts saying that people use the lc-1 with hondata s300 and no one has mentioned having to get any controller that didn't come with the lc-1 kit. can someone please help me get this wideband hooked up to hondata?
GTI

Post by GTI »

There is no "other" controller necessary for the LC-1.
You just program the LC-1's analogue output to suit.
jew

Post by jew »

yeah that's exactly what i thought. where do i hook up the analog output from the lc-1 to? and what values do i use in hondata? i have seen much conflicting info regarding the correct values and the lc-1 documentation doesn't say.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The instructions are for the PLX, but the idea is the same.

http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html
http://www.hondata.com/techplxwiring.html
jew

Post by jew »

ok, let me make sure i'm understanding this diagram correctly....i hook up the analog output from the lc1 to the white wire that's now running to the secondary oxygen sensor and then put a 1k resistor between the two black wires? and then do i still use 0/10 5/20 for the values in smanager?
deafy

Post by deafy »

I got the same package deal as you. I have the analog from the controller wired to the ELD. You'll have to set ELD to read as wideband signal. I used to have it wired to the primary O2 sensor on the ecu harness but switched to ELD so I can run closed loop and autotune. The voltage settings depends on how you have the controller programmed. I think default is 1v=10 afr and 2v=20 afr.
1997 Prelude - under the knife.
2000 Insight - k20z3 swap, pt6262, e85. 508whp@19psi.
deafy

Post by deafy »

Keep in mind there is no secondary O2 sensor on OBD1. Only the primary.
1997 Prelude - under the knife.
2000 Insight - k20z3 swap, pt6262, e85. 508whp@19psi.
jew

Post by jew »

well i have an obd2 engine d16y8, 96 civic), but a p28 ecu w/conversion harness so does that mean i can or can't run it in the secondary o2 sensor? if i can use the secondary oxygen sensor, do i need to put a resistor connecting the two black wires or am i interpreting the instructions wrong?

and i found this on the innovate forums:
under the "options" menu at the top you select "settings"
then you go to wideband Lambda.
Where it say s"Lambda unit you select Air Fuel Ratio
Where it says Voltage/Lambda conversion select "Custom" in the menu.
then for 0.00 volts under stockO2 you put 7.35 for the Lambda
For 5.00 volt you put 22.39 under lambda.
this is all very new to me, and i just want to make sure i do it right the first time.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

OBD1 does not use a secondary o2 sensor. You are using an OBD1 ecu, therefore no secondary o2 sensor. The instructions do not say anything about using the secondary o2.

If you are unsure of how to wire this I would suggest taking the vehicle to your nearest Hondata dealer to have them wire it properly to avoid damage.
jew

Post by jew »

the only local tuner that deals with hondata told me i cant even use the lc1 with hondata, so i don't trust them. i have no other options besides doing it myself. i know hooking it up to hondata is only a matter of connecting a wire, i just want to know where to connect it. so do i cut the eld wire and hook the analog output to the ecu thru that, or do i leave the eld wire hooked up and just splice into it with the analog wire?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The ELD wire must be cut going to the ELD.
bigbadboy

Post by bigbadboy »

so there is 2 outputs you can use with the lc1 right? if you are using the xd-16 gauge does this use up one of the outputs??
jew

Post by jew »

no, i think that the xd gauge hooks up to the headphone jack type plug labeled serial out and then you put the terminator plug in the serial in headphone jack type plug.
ocase22

Post by ocase22 »

I just finished hooking up mine this past weekend. I have a 94 civic.
Here's what I did. I installed two o2 bungs. Left the oem o2 installed and all wires except white wire which goes to pin D14. I installed my Lc-1 o2 in the other bung and hooked up the analog 1 output wire to the stock o2 d14 wire( On my car it is white) and the ground wires accordingly. This eliminates use of the resister. I belive mine is working correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong.
inteGReddy

Post by inteGReddy »

ocase22 wrote:I just finished hooking up mine this past weekend. I have a 94 civic.
Here's what I did. I installed two o2 bungs. Left the oem o2 installed and all wires except white wire which goes to pin D14. I installed my Lc-1 o2 in the other bung and hooked up the analog 1 output wire to the stock o2 d14 wire( On my car it is white) and the ground wires accordingly. This eliminates use of the resister. I belive mine is working correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong.
does the lc-1 not have the primary o2 function? if so, i would get rid of the stock o2.