Fuel Trim

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
GIFF5323

Fuel Trim

Post by GIFF5323 »

I followed the training video to adjust my Long Term fuel trim but I still am not sure why my Short Term fuel trim is high. Right now my Long Term fuel trim reads 0 (About 15 minutes of driving). When I stop and let the car idle to check on the computer I see that my short term fuel trim is about -27. I guess if I sit there long enough my Long Term trim will start creeping up near -27.

What do I need to modify/adjust to address my short term fuel trim? Is it my idle area 0 - 1500/columns 1-5? I almost have this beat but I guess I am still missing an area on the fuel adjustment.

Any comments would be helpful.

-----------------------
JRSC - R
Megan Cat
JC Sports Shorty Header
DC Sports Dual Exhaust Cat Back
Denso IK22
New Injen CAI
Hondata Gasket[/b]
Last edited by GIFF5323 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ignore the long term fuel trim for tuning. If the short term fuel trim is more than about 10% either way, you need to do some more fuel tuning.

Can you post a datalog and your calibration?
Hondata
GIFF5323

Post by GIFF5323 »

Here is the Kal I am using but it will be a day or two until I get a datalog because I have to borrow my bro's laptop. I just have a weird feeling that the fuel tables are way off.. too rich.
Attachments
MARCEP~1 edit 19 oct.kal
(43.5 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
type-R-moz

Post by type-R-moz »

you may try DENSO IK9
it will be better I think so.
dream to have !
GIFF5323

Post by GIFF5323 »

Well I found out why I am reading -27 on short term fuel trim. In K-Pro it is my minimuma settig under the fuel tab. I think this means that my short term fuel trim is -27, so I have some major fuel triming to do. If I reduce the fuel across tables 1-8, "All Tables", do I need to follow that up with a tuning of the ignition maps or should I be fine in just reducing the fuel trim? I only get a few knocks right know but if I reduce the fuel will I get more and if I do, do I just tune them out using the method on the Hondata K-pro training vids.