EP3 Type R wideband wiring

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
BB Baboonface

EP3 Type R wideband wiring

Post by BB Baboonface »

Greetings all,

Has anyone tried the suggested method of swapping terminal pins etc. on a '02 CR-V?

Apart from wire colour, the circuitry is almost identical.
The only difference being - that the CR-V has a IMA sensor and the Civic has an FTP sensor instead.

Not sure if the functions of the CR-V sensor would be affected by running wiring to the A connector, rather than the E.

Also, to keep the secondary O2 sensor. I'm guessing it is a case of separating it fully from the E to A swapped wiring - prior to the common connection between the primary and secondary sensors - and running independent wiring to E4 to maintain secondary O2 operation.

Very grateful for any assistance in clarification.
BB Baboonface

Re: EP3 Type R wideband wiring

Post by BB Baboonface »

Hey, thank you for your thoughts.

Still undecided on which method to use, but I have options. Probably too many is the trouble!

Thinking of running on a base map for a while, so maybe even use a narrowband to get up and running.
BB Baboonface

Post by BB Baboonface »

Ah, so you tried the wiring swap and it didn't play ball?
Benjnood

Post by Benjnood »

I was told it resembled the pins in the OBDI connectors, but I just took a couple out of a friend's car and they aren't the same.
S
BB Baboonface

Post by BB Baboonface »

Benjnood wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:03 pm I was told it resembled the pins in the OBDI connectors, but I just took a couple out of a friend's car and they aren't the same.
Quoting, as all other replies have disappeared...

Definitely seems to be some minor differences, even between cars of the same era built on the same platform.
Not like Lego as some say!
BB Baboonface

Post by BB Baboonface »

Also, I notice now - that only the non catalyst CR-V's have the IMA arrangement. Doh!