Hondata TC and ABS Bosch M4

eliseeuropa

Re: Hondata TC and ABS Bosch M4

Post by eliseeuropa »

I started to have a small issue last 2 weeks ago.

When the car is not moving, the TC see weird speed, with big fluctutation, like 40 to 200 km/h with all wheels reading different speed. As soon as the car is moving, the speed is good, as soon as 2 km/h without problem. The effect is a stopped, I am not able to rev the engine since the TC is giving signal to the ECU caused by the slip between wheel. To rev the engine, I need to disconnect the plug into the TC.

I did not take equipment to read the ABS output to TC, which is not so easy for me. Is it a possibility of a trouble with the TC, or my setup. Again, everything works fine until 2 weeks ago. Maybe a noise somewhere, but the noice should be there when the car is moving!?

If you have a clue, let me know.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You could increase the minimum speed for TC operation.
Hondata
eliseeuropa

Post by eliseeuropa »

The best in my specific case should be having minimum speed into the ECU as it is for the rpm, I will put 3000 rpm on the ECU. The minium speed on the TC is not relevant since the car is not moving and see confusing speed on every wheels, the TC is not able to see that i am stopped. But as soon as the car is moving, all on the right way. My TC minimum speed is already set high at 40 km/h. The car is used on circuit and not on drag.

Thank for your reply.
ElsaLarson

Post by ElsaLarson »

eliseeuropa wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:29 pm I have a question about the wiring for the TC when used with an ABS Bosch M4.

First, recap about the ABS Bosch M4: it is the ABS made for racing purpose from Bosch, programmable for the car, with a yaw sensor, and pressure sensor. The ABS is using active sensor.

Now, my question is how to connect the TC wheel speed input with the ABS. The ABS is supplied with hardness, and Bosch are quite sensitive about that, and it is specify to not cut it or splice it. A module is available to splice the sensor giving specific output for each wheels to the ECU as we are able to found on many cars with ECU with traction control.

I have two options, t first option is purchasing the module, which it make sense, and connect the output to the TC module. For this option, I just need the confirmation how to use the ABS output to connect the TC. This option is more expensive but fully safe for the ABS. The ABS have 5 wire output, 1 per wheel and the ground. The second option is splicing the wheel sensor and not meeting the Bosch recommendation. Again, the ABS is a racing ABS where the working zone is by far deeper than OEM ABS..
or else in case of boredom you can have fun with gta 5 mobile apk + data download game on mobile platform via getmodnow website
I did not see how to use the ABS output to drive the TC input.

Your support will be appreciate.

Marc
When connecting the wheel speed input from the TC (Traction Control) system to the ABS Bosch M4, it's important to consider the wiring and connection options to ensure both functionality and the safety of the ABS system.

If you choose the first option of purchasing a module to splice the sensor output for each wheel and connect it to the ECU, it can be a safe and reliable method. In this case, you would connect the output of the module to the TC module