Knock issue; input greatly apprecaited

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

codyFB6

Knock issue; input greatly apprecaited

Post by codyFB6 »

Hey guys,

So about a year ago I was tuned, tuning seemed to go fine. We fine tuned some things and a few days later I noticed a knock at idle. This problem continued til I got a different tune. That tune seemed decent after a revision or two but still would get knock count about 50% of the time if I went WOT so over the past year my car has probably seen 5000rpm or higher MAYBE 6 times. The last pull had 4 all in one cylinder and I had accumulated 2 knocks that morning at idle so since it seemed to now have the same issue as the previous tune and more occurrences in throttle I flashed back. Everything was good for about 4 weeks.

I am back to getting knock counts at idle. The car isles at a 14.6-14.7 AFR, 0* cam angle command and is properly at 0*, car isn’t over heated, I cannot seem to locate anything around the knock sensor that could be giving a false reading. I can post a log and tune if someone thinks it would help. I am just trying to see if anyone has had this in the past because it seems I am the only 9th gen or old that has ever seen this online. Car doesn’t show any signs of poor health and a compression test was done last year with 220 across the board.

If anyone can solve this, I will literally be over the moon with excitement as the car is about to get parked again for the second time and I’m kinda screwed as I’m in the home buying process so kinda can’t afford to just rebuild the engine especially when I can’t even find the issue to start.

Thank you,
Cody