8th gen si calibration help

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Vtecbomber

8th gen si calibration help

Post by Vtecbomber »

Hey guys! Was just hoping for some help on a calibration I got from this forum, I'm not a tuning wizard and when I tried the preloaded tunes on the flashpro it seemed like it had a lot of restricted air flow, I'm also sorry if me trying one of the calibrations that was posted on here was a wrong thing to do, but ever since the car has ran a lot better and I just want the car running the way it should for this car. The car has a DC sports short ram intake, a skunk2 mega power catback exhaust, and new spark plugs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
new calibration test march18th.fpcal
(23.25 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
datalog0000.fpdl
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
CalibratEd

Re: 8th gen si calibration help

Post by CalibratEd »

Welcome to the forum Vtecbomber,

Usually its not a good idea to load random tunes you find. This file is from EFI here on the forum so its not to far off. I don't see knock but there are areas that are in the fuel that need to be adjusted.

-Ed
Vtecbomber

Post by Vtecbomber »

Hey CalibratEd, I really appreciate you taking a look at it for me and welcoming me to the forum. Now I'm glad there's no knocking going on but I am getting a knock sensor code on my car, would there be any way you could help with the adjustments she does need? It would be a big help and any insight on why the knock sensor code comes up would be appreciated too but completely understand if you're not able to help out, just figured this would be the best place to ask! Thanks again in advance!
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I can work on the file when I have some downtime. In regards to the sensor, What error code are you receiving? It could be the sensor is going bad.

-Ed
Vtecbomber

Post by Vtecbomber »

Of course man, once again I appreciate the help when you can. As for the code it went away today and hasn't came back but when it does I'll post a reply on here with what it says and which code.
Vtecbomber

Post by Vtecbomber »

The code came back in the car, It seems to just come and go. the code is p0325 Knock sensor circuit malfunction. Now that I opened it on the hondata app it does sound like I need a new knock sensor hahaha I could've figured that out. But help with the calibration fueling would still be greatly appreciated.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I suggest you fix that as soon as you can. The car could be registering knock and you are not aware of it.

-Ed
Vtecbomber

Post by Vtecbomber »

Hey Ed, Sounds good I'll get that done asap and I guess the only thing I'll need help with now for the moment would be the calibration. Whenever you get a chance when you're not busy that would be awesome! Thanks in advance man.

Vtecbomber ( Dakota )
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Dakota,

I can not make changes unless you have a functioning knock sensor. Reach out once you have installed the new sensor.

-Ed
Vtecbomber

Post by Vtecbomber »

Hey Ed, I fixed the knock sensor and got some data logs and the car seemed to run a little smoother and its the same calibration that I sent at the start of this post. If you can help me out now that would be awesome! Thanks again man I really appreciate the help. Both files have some 3rd gear pulls and some 6-5-4-3 from 80-100km/h starting speed.
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
datalog0001.fpdl
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
Vtecbomber

Post by Vtecbomber »

Hey Ed, was just wondering if you ever had the chance to get a look at those datalogs?
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Vtecbomber wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:40 pm Hey Ed, was just wondering if you ever had the chance to get a look at those datalogs?
Dakota,

Sorry I haven’t had a chance to take a look it. I’ve been busy with customer tunes. I will get to it as soon as I can.

-Ed
Vtecbomber

Post by Vtecbomber »

No worries at all man! I understand and I'm pretty active on here so I just wanted to see if you were able to or not
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

It needs fuel adjustments. I have set it to open loop so I can make the proper fuel adjustments. Create a similar datalog. It might run a little rough so revert back to previous file if needed.

-Ed
Attachments
VtecBomber.fpcal
(23.25 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Vtecbomber

Post by Vtecbomber »

Hey Ed, I ran the calibration tonight when I had the free time, I don't know the difference between an open and closed loop but it seemed to run pretty nice overall. Here's the data log with some nice wot in 3rd and some nice wot from 6-5-4-3 similar to the other data log's.
Attachments
datalog0003.fpdl
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 71 times