k24A2 on PRB w/ RBC VTC

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
kerala

k24A2 on PRB w/ RBC VTC

Post by kerala »

Hey guys,

I have a K24a2 in an RSX with RBC VTC Gear.

I have a "mystery map" which I believe is for an RSX. It cranks up great and runs fine but at idle it runs with the CAM CMD at 0 but the CAM Actual is -20. When driving the CAM Actual stays at -20.

I tried loading a Stock (bottom of the list) TSX base map. I corrected the map to accommodate secondary o2 delete, RDX injectors... etc.
The car starts rough, idles worse and when giving it gas (no engine load) you can see the CAM CMD move and the CAM Actual but car runs horribly.

If you swap a stock TSX K24a2 motor into the RSX, is it as simple as loading that base map (for start up) or am I using the wrong map bc of the RBC cam gear?

(I have repinned the Crankshaft Sensor)
yeah.. yeah.. i can drive... but I'd rather build.. teach me.. I'm a sponge
CalibratEd

Re: k24A2 on PRB w/ RBC VTC

Post by CalibratEd »

Kerala,

It sounds like the camshaft sensor is not reading properly. When you load a base map it’s not spot on but it should be able to run. Double check your connections and post the calibration file you are running along with a datalog. I can take a look at it.

-Ed
kerala

Post by kerala »

Not sure if the datalog will help but this is the Mystery Map.
Attachments
CamNotMoving.kdl
(30.71 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
MysteryMap.kal
(20.44 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Double check the connection to the camshaft sensor. The ecu is not reading the signal thus causing the value to show in Hondata as -20.

-Ed
kerala

Post by kerala »

Thanks for helping me with this.

I looked at the cam sensor wiring and did notice that the Exhaust and Intake plugs were swapped. Currently (after I moved them) The exhaust has the plug with the Blue/White wire (Pin1) and the Intake has the Green Wire (Pin1).

I also noticed that in the Calibration file that the VTC(i-VTEC) was not enabled.

I have made these corrections and will follow up later today.

Hopefully this will resolve some issues.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Sounds good.

-Ed
kerala

Post by kerala »

The car rans incredibly bad and the CAM (actual) says 180. I am pretty sure there is a mechanical problem

I swapped the cam sensor plugs (in the wrong positions) and the Car cranks up great and the CAM (actual) and CAM CMD both say 0.
When I give it some throttle, the CAMS are now moving but a code has come up with VTC Solenoid failure.

I did not build this motor so I am chasing down these issues. I know the cam sensor plugs are 100 percent in the wrong position and now am curious as to why the car runs "better" (all 149 hp) in the incorrect configuration.

What happens if the crank trigger wheel is placed backwards (the outside stamp facing inward)?
Also, I have not opened that RBC gear, but am curious to know if the gear has been modified (locked)
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Kerala,

I’m not a builder so maybe someone with more experience can chime in. You can also try the other forums like k20a.org and clubrsx.

-Ed
kerala

Post by kerala »

Will do .. I'll follow up here hoping it helps someone else as well.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Sounds good.

-Ed