2008 Civic Si Calibration needed

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

LesterD4029

2008 Civic Si Calibration needed

Post by LesterD4029 »

Hello everyone and anyone who reads this,

I have installed a hybrid racing CAI, Skunk 2 alpha headers, and catback (3''). I used the map-based tune on Hondata that is labeled "CAI Skunk2 header & catback" At first my car was running lean around 26 AFR (REALLY NOT GOOD) and I had to drive home like that and recently changed my primary o2 sensor that connects to the first bung. But now my AFR says I'm too rich and getting a P0134 code "O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 1) even though I just replaced that one. On startup and a warmed-up idle, I usually get around 11-13 AFR and hover around the high 12s. I have not driven the car out for a drive cycle yet as I believe that this code shouldn't be on there. I should also note that my secondary O2 sensor is currently turned off in flashpro as the second bung is connected directly to my AEM wideband.

Will someone be able to help me out?

Thanks!
CalibratEd

Re: 2008 Civic Si Calibration needed

Post by CalibratEd »

Lester,

Welcome to the forum. Post the calibration file you are running along with a datalog. Base tunes are good to get you started but usually needs some refining. I can help with some general changes.

-Ed
LesterD4029

Post by LesterD4029 »

Ed,

Thanks for the reply, I just finished uploading a datalog before I decided to go get some lunch. Really glad I checked the forums before heading over. Here is the calibration and datalog.

Thanks!
Attachments
Log.fpdl
(7.94 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
Calibration Using.fpcal
(18.85 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I looked over the files and noticed the wideband reads 14.7 through out the whole log. Make sure the o2 sensor is properly connected. I saw you mentioned you had an AEM wideband, you can connect the wideband so that hondata can read it as well. Without proper wideband data in your logs I can not do much.

-Ed
LesterD4029

Post by LesterD4029 »

Hey ed,

I am currently in the midst of trying to find how to get an actual AFR reading on Hondata, I even disconnected the wideband and reconnected the secondary o2 sensor with the defouler and then kept the primary the same however it gave me a P1157 code even though sensor 1 is literally brand new so I'm assuming I accidentally bought a downstream sensor instead of upstream (like a dummy) I did order a new one from Denso that is for upstream I will be able to get it tomorrow however I get off from work at 6:30pm EST so I'll try to keep you updated. (I'm not really that good at wiring so I don't really know how to connect the wideband to the ECU to get a reading from Wideband and Hondata so I'll just see how it goes tomorrow and let you know) I really appreciate you for helping and happy to get my car safe to drive. Thanks again!

-Lest
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

LesterD4029 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:07 pm Hey ed,

I am currently in the midst of trying to find how to get an actual AFR reading on Hondata, I even disconnected the wideband and reconnected the secondary o2 sensor with the defouler and then kept the primary the same however it gave me a P1157 code even though sensor 1 is literally brand new so I'm assuming I accidentally bought a downstream sensor instead of upstream (like a dummy) I did order a new one from Denso that is for upstream I will be able to get it tomorrow however I get off from work at 6:30pm EST so I'll try to keep you updated. (I'm not really that good at wiring so I don't really know how to connect the wideband to the ECU to get a reading from Wideband and Hondata so I'll just see how it goes tomorrow and let you know) I really appreciate you for helping and happy to get my car safe to drive. Thanks again!

-Lest
Lest,

No worries just reach out when you have it figured out. The oem o2 is good enough to dial in the fuel so if you get that working we are good to go. I’m glad I can help you out.

-Ed
LesterD4029

Post by LesterD4029 »

Ed,

Good evening, I have just installed the primary o2 sensor and it worked just fine and the car is running around a good spot for AFR. After I've completed the datalog, I've noticed that it still says that my AFR is 14.7 throughout the whole log, even though while I was datalogging it was moving and it worked just fine. Also after I finished and parked my car I noticed that I have two new codes P0135 (O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1) and P0141 (O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 2) However no CEL came up on the dash. I honestly have no idea what to do. I Do you have any thoughts on how to fix this? I'll go ahead and upload both calibration and datalog just in case for when you have time to look over it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you again,

-Lest
Attachments
Log 2.fpdl
(7.94 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
Calibration 1.fpcal
(18.85 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
LesterD4029

Post by LesterD4029 »

Ed,

Good evening, I have fixed the issue (somehow) I'd assume I completed a drive cycle and now I have no error codes and am receiving accurate readings from my Hondata software. When I do a datalog it doesn't seem to read it precisely and is often off by +.30 however when I choose to record it and then save it as a log it gives a more precise and accurate reading that is similar to my wideband. The car seems to be running fine and may not necessarily need any changes since the current AFR is around 13-16 and mainly around 14.6 during a cruise. Whenever you have some free time please still take a look just to double check that everything is fine. I would really appreciate that.

Thank you!

-Lest
Attachments
Log 3.fpdl
(3.05 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
Calibration 3.fpcal
(18.85 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

The fuel doesn't look that bad and there is no knock present.

-Ed
LesterD4029

Post by LesterD4029 »

Thanks for taking a look! Now I can drive with confidence that my car will be fine till I get an actual tune.

Thanks again!

-Lest
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

LesterD4029 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:39 pm Thanks for taking a look! Now I can drive with confidence that my car will be fine till I get an actual tune.

Thanks again!

-Lest
Lest,

No problem. I’m glad I could help you at.

-Ed