Need help with new injector tuning!

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
ChefFA5

Need help with new injector tuning!

Post by ChefFA5 »

I have a 2007 civic si with a stock k20z3. I just upgraded my injectors and fuel system to a return system to prepare for flex fuel. The parts I installed:
Deatschwerks dw400 drop in fuel cage
Hybrid Racing fuel pressure regulator
Hybrid Racing fuel filter
Hybrid Racing fuel rail and pressure gauge
ID1050x injectors

I am holding a steady 58psi on my fuel pressure and programmed the 60psi settings into my calibration page and simply decreased the dead times and slope down about 3%. Now when I am at idle it is always adding 7-15% stft while my ltft stays at 0. What is going on? Why is my ltft not following my stft?

Secondly, when I put my foot back into throttle after decel it will automatically throw 14.1% stft in and hold steady at that for about 3 seconds causing a supremely rich event sometimes as low as 11.1 before pulling out fuel and going lean and bouncing back and forth slowly settling back down to +7-15% stft. I can get whatever datalogs you all wpuld need to help diagnose.

New tuner just looking for some wisdom and advice! Please help!

Cheers,
Greg
ChefFA5

Can someone, anyone, PLEASE help me.

Post by ChefFA5 »

I cannot get my car to run correctly. I had a very solid MAP tune on my car with stock injectors. I upgraded my injectors and my fuel system. I plugged in the Injector Dynamics supplied info. It does not work proper. I need someone to point me in the right direction. PLEASE HELP ME! My LTFT trends massively negative at idle. My injectors cannot find the commanded AFR after upon transitioning from driving to idle. My AFR will bounce from 11.1-17+ish when transitioning from driving to idle. Please someone help me figure this out before I set my car on fire.
EFICU

Re: Need help with new injector tuning!

Post by EFICU »

It would be wise to post a datalog and the calibration you're driving on so we can see what you see. Try to post a datalog with a reasonable amount of time idling and driving. What are your future plans, I'm curious why you went with such a large injector.
ChefFA5

Post by ChefFA5 »

Here are two datalogs from today. Cold start all the way to 180°f and a five minute drive. followed by a 15 mind drive to work that is mixed driving highway and city. This calibration is the closest I have gotten these injectors to work proper. As you can see while driving I am trending LTFT negative. But at idle I am now seeing LTFT trend positive. I went with the 1050x's because I m going to be running e90, installing a new port and polished head with upgraded valvetrain, and DC 3.2 cams. I will be going turbo over the winter.
Attachments
15min drive to work.fpdl
(468.38 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
cold start 5min drive.fpdl
(285.4 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I think you're stressing yourself out a little, the datalogs look fine. How close are you wanting your fuel trims to be? For having injectors over three times as big as OEM it's pretty good. If you post your calibration we can tighten them up some, but you're definitely stressing yourself out, things look pretty good. For WOT it's not too bad either.