Can someone look at this and tell me what they think?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
codyFB6

Can someone look at this and tell me what they think?

Post by codyFB6 »

Hello,

I am using the "factory calibration" map as a basemap for a 2014 civic usdm si. I recently made this change due to getting some knock counts at idle to see if it was the previous tune or maybe something else. I flashed this and got a few less hiccups at first. After this we did a compression test due to a suggestion from a local reputable tuner. Got numbers of 215-220, 220, 220, 220. (I say 215-220 for cylinder 1 due to looking at the gauge from an angle opposed to straight on) After this I believed my engine to be healthy and well. I then changed the plugs since we were already that deep in. I start the car sounds all normal and good, I drive it around the block no knock. I proceed to do this a few more times after work. First two or three went fine. Yesterday after all has been well, I decided to try rolling into throttle just a little bit, I got 4.5* of KR right away and one knock, I immediately let off. Drive back home and park that is the only knock.

Today, I go to repeat the process minus getting on it at all, I then pull into a parking lot and just roll in neutral get a knock, pull around the corner back to neutral get another, stop at the stop sign you guessed it, another. Start to drive home no more all the way back, pull into the driveway to listen to everything to make sure it sounds good. I hear this slight noise almost like an exhaust manifold cooling but quieter. I go to get my phone to take a video and come back to seeing me gaining 10 knock count at idle in about 45 seconds...

Can someone please give me some feedback or something, this car has now been sitting for the past three weeks trying to sort this out after work each night since it started.

Thank you,
Cody
Attachments
Factory Calibration.fpcal
(13.68 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
datalog.factory.cal.knock.concern.fpdl
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
datalog.factory.cal.4.fpdl
Log where I have the roll into throttle 1 knock
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 59 times