09 Si help with hybrid racing intake tune.

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
EFICU

Re: 09 Si help with hybrid racing intake tune.

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, I'll wait for the datalog from today then and go from there.
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

Here is two from today...i really dont understand where this knock is coming from i used to never have any even while we were tuning! But how can I tell if its false or real?
Attachments
11.fpdl
(3 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
0010.fpdl
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Is this a new tank of gas again, or the same as the last tank which yielded no knock after perhaps a poor tank?

Have you tried going back to our newest calibration we built during the poor tank of gas? If not, throw that back in the car and test it out. If the newest revision doesn't have knock, then we might have a little too much timing in it and the most recent calibration is then ideal. I doubt you can feel a power difference between the two calibrations, so the one that yields no knock is ideal. I only pulled a couple degrees out in the newest calibration, if I pulled 5-10* then I could see you feeling a difference then.

I would say load up the newest revision while you're on this tank of gas and let's see if the knock goes away.
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

It’s the same tank yes that had no knock at first. I have not tried the newest calibration though no this is the original one before the bad tank where you pulled some timing so I’ll log that one tomorrow and we will see what it does. What’s the chances anything is false? Is there really a way to tell at all
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

Also only thing I can think that’s changed it’s temperature here has started going up
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

The only way to 100% determine false knock is to find a dyno tuner who has audible knock detection equipment to listen for false knock. As far as our capabilities in e-tuning, we would pull timing over the course of a few datalogs. If the knock still won't go away, it's generally false knock. Since we had knock on one tank of gas, and reduced ignition in the same tank of gas, since the knock went away I would say it's probably genuine knock.

I would go with the newest calibration ASAP to check apple to apples in this tank of gas. If the knock goes away, I would say the newest calibration needs to be our new benchmark.

Your datalog from 3.26.22 which had knock, your intake temps were 61* F. In this most recent datalog, the intake temps were 93* F. So I don't think it's related, though you are correct in that can usually be the cause. Also, in this datalog from today, the knock happened in the area I remove ignition in the most recent calibration. So let's go back to the most recent calibration while you have this tank of gas, and let's run some datalogs. As mentioned, if the knock goes away over a few datalogs, then I would say it was genuine knock and make the most recent calibration our new calibration moving forward.
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

That makes sense for sure! I pushed the most recent calibration and here it is. I didnt run anything to a high rpm i was just driving normal but i can do that next. fingers crossed it actually keeps 0 knock idk whats up with me lately not having a knock at all for a day then getting it later lol.
Attachments
06 april second.fpdl
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
06 april first.fpdl
(3.59 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah we don't have any knock in these datalogs, but as you mention you didn't get any pulls in. Try to get some pulls in with this same tank of gas and with the newest revision so we can compare apples to apples. Unless mother nature is not permitting that of course, be safe in trying to get some pulls of course.
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

Hey! Sorry for no response in a while, Im active duty and had gotten sent out so unfortunately couldnt continue tuning. But I did log today for you to see im still getting knocks and i cant figure it out :/ Its the same tune and gas from the last logs i sent with no knock.
Attachments
03MAY.fpdl
(5.8 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah similar area, but slightly different cells for the knock. Take this one for a drive when you can.
akanep16.SD.V2.Rev11 (Blended)(Vtec4100).fpcal
(23.14 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

Hey! So before I loaded the last revision...I discovered some excessive vibrations and a shot torque mount. It took a month to get one in of course with how ordering parts is going they had to manufacture it (a hasport mount) but i got it installed and have noticed no knock for weeks on the #1 #2 and #4 cylinders like in the last log I sent you. I do however consistently get #3 knock on every drive. Its only 1-3 knocks but is consistent and has been steady this way for weeks. I was wondering if there's any way you can still help me look at a log and see if we can adjust anything for this number 3 knock? I know its been a while since I've replied but i had to get that mount changed because of the vibrations.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah go ahead and post what you have and we can take a look at it.
akanep16

Post by akanep16 »

So this is my drive today. Unfortunately it only knocked while recording once but this is what i see every time sometimes 3 times a drive this 3rd cylinder knock!
Attachments
22 JUNE.fpdl
(5.69 MiB) Downloaded 68 times