need help with tune

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
EFICU

Re: need help with tune

Post by EFICU »

Okay, since the values from both sources are very different, I would say let me send an email to RC and have them verify which data is correct. That way we're working with the correct data to make the tune right. Otherwise I just don't feel right about using one set of data hoping it's right and either overworking or underworking the injectors to make the tune right. I'd rather work with the data RC recommends and we can move forward knowing that it's right.

Let me know if that works for you and I will shoot them an email tonight hoping for a reply tomorrow so we can get on it.
reyez_fa5

Post by reyez_fa5 »

yea that works
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Email sent. I'll let you know what they say and when they say it. Then I'll put together the first file for you and go over our game plan to tune it.
reyez_fa5

Post by reyez_fa5 »

alright i appreciate it alot💯
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I haven't heard from RC, so I'm thinking we can start with Hondata's values and then I will adjust them to find what the values should be. It might take a couple revisions to get the ball rolling so to speak, but I think that's the best way to move forward since RC hasn't been able to verify.

Let me know.
reyez_fa5

Post by reyez_fa5 »

i contacted the place i got the injectors from and they told me to contact rc aswell since they didnt have any in stock atm so if your good with it lets move forward
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That sucks, we will figure it out one way or another. To be honest I was surprised they didn't reply today, but it is what it is I guess.

So here is the first one for you. I've put together the first one using Hondata's injector values for RC 440s, let's see how this looks and we will go from there. For this datalog, let's gather some quick data, say a ten minute datalog of normal stop and go driving around town to get some data. Don't do any WOT pulls, or anything aggressive, I''m just trying to find our injector data values right now to see where we need to be. I also have the rev limiter set at 6000, again just to be safe. If anything it's going to be richer than your old file, so I'm not concerned about anything, just trying to keep everything calm while we get the data we need to make injector value decisions. I might end up making the next file using RC's values, but for now, take this one for a spin when you can, 10-15 minutes is fine. Then we'll go from there.
Reyez_fa5.SD.Rev01.2 (0Cam).fpcal
(21.06 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
reyez_fa5

Post by reyez_fa5 »

it feels alot better
Attachments
stop and go.fpdl
(405.1 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it wasn't too bad at all, give this one a drive and let's see how it looks. Same type of drive and datalog. I pulled 10% out of the injector data, I think this might be a good start to move forward, but let's test it first, if it does look good then we will get started using these values.
Reyez_fa5.SD.Rev02 (0Cam)(-10).fpcal
(21.06 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
reyez_fa5

Post by reyez_fa5 »

heres the drive
Attachments
2nd.fpdl
(416.31 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay I think we can work with that. I think we've got it close enough to where we can start making adjustments accurately, which is good.

So now we will start tuning basically based on these injector settings. So we want to shoot for twenty minute datalogs with stop and go driving, on the the drive we want to make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-8600 to see the WOT fueling. For this first one, only make one WOT pull in third gear while we're collecting some data. But take this one for a spin when you can, and we'll see how it looks. It will get better as we go and move up in cam angle, so don't get discouraged on this one sill being the 0* cam angle. Hopefully it does feel better than before based on what you mentioned in your previous post, but it will get better as we go.
Reyez_fa5.SD.Rev03 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.29 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
reyez_fa5

Post by reyez_fa5 »

This feels so much better than my old tune at what rpm is the vtec engaged at? and is it good to have 2 step put if the motors stock?
Attachments
3rd WOT.fpdl
(598.83 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks really good. Vtec is at 4500 right now for tuning cam angles, once we get to the 30* cam angle we will move vtec up to 5500 and down to 4000 to find the optimal vtec rpm. But for now, it's at 4500. We will now move to the 15* cam angle with vtec at 4500. Take this one for the same type of datalog and driving style. And try to get the WOT pull to at least 8000 rpm, but shoot for 8500 or so if possible.

2 step by nature aren't good for any engine, but with the stock cat in the car it should be considered not allowable by any reputable tuner. The 2 step, or pops and bangs tuning with a catalytic converter in the exhaust should never be done.

Reyez_fa5.SD.Rev04 (15Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.42 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
reyez_fa5

Post by reyez_fa5 »

this is the next pull
Attachments
next 3rd wot.fpdl
(524.31 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks really good, we will now move to the 30* cam angle with vtec at 5500 now. Take this one for the same datalog and driving style.

Also, it appears you're datalogging through a laptop. If possible, record the datalogs through the FlashPro device and send me those files. You can still watch the data on your laptop, but please record the datalogs through the FlashPro device and post those files if possible. We get a lot more data when sampling via the FlashPro device, so the average data pool is much larger which gives us more data to make decisions and adjustments.

Reyez_fa5.SD.Rev05 (30Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(21.87 KiB) Downloaded 41 times