Daugther board communication error

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
02SilverSiHB

Daugther board communication error

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

I keep getting this code off and on. When I get the code, I have let the car idle till it's warm. Then shut the car off and reset the code and it doesn't come back. If I don't let the car warm up, it won't let me reset it and it goes into limp mode.

Now I've search and seen this to be some weird problem that happens during winter. Is this something I should be concerned about? Meaning, is it worth sending the ecu back in to have it looked at. I have an extra rsx ecu I can get reflashed to work while I send the ecu.

I've been getting this code since december

My car info:
I have a 2002 Civic Si
Kpro RSX Type S ecu
K20a2 with 6 speed, intake (at this time, usually run dcrh and midpipe)
Attachments
K20a2-CAI-DCRH-93octane-exhaust.kal
(45.27 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
07 Si Sedan
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

I do not work at hondata, which I'm sure you know ;)

I've got this error twice with my ecu. it has only ever happened with my usb cable plugged into my laptop and when something 'abnormal' is going on like plugging the laptop into the cig lighter or right after a battery died and I swapped batteries.

I inspected the daughter board on the ecu per the instructions in http://www.hondata.com/techkpro_troubleshooting.html -- my board seems to be 'naturally bowed' a bit, but the screw is just 'snug' -- it's not torqued down at all. What I did was to somewhat 'work' the board a little on the pin connectors to the main board (by somewhat sliding the pins in and out of their female counterpart) in case there was any connection issue and replaced the screw carefully and torqued it to what I would consider a fairly light amount of load -- like just barely hand tight.

I've never had the problem outside of when I had been getting ready to go tuning so I'm not worried about mine. The last time it happened was when I swapped my ecu with a friend to ensure his k-pro wasn't the issue with his car and it threw the code after swapping in a new battery into that car -- it went away a few seconds later. It's never came on outside of when I've been dicking with it, nor have I had any limp mode cases,
2003 black RSX type-s / jrsc @ 12psi / methanol injection / aftercooled
02SilverSiHB

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

hhhmmm, okay, I think I'll try looking at it later. It would happen without my laptop hooked up to it. Basically sounds like something I can fix myself without bothering the shipment to hondata :wink:
07 Si Sedan
JDM EM2

Post by JDM EM2 »

I get that code too.... Its really cold here in Oregon... but its just a little screw on the ECU then?