Newbie help

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
EFICU

Re: Newbie help

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. If it gets colder than that where you are or anywhere you plan to go it would start to get the injectors into the 90%+ range which you want to look into adding injectors then. Just wanted to make sure we cover all the bases, for now we're okay, and based on your temps there you should be fine.
thedanpal

Post by thedanpal »

Here is the latest datalog. It was about 50 degrees today. Thanks again!
thedanpaldatalog04.fpdl
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks really good. We will now move to the 40* cam angle with vtec at 5500. For this one, you can make the datalog in the ten minute range if you'd like, just be sure to get a clean third gear WOT pull.
thedanpal.SD.Rev05 (40Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(22.42 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
thedanpal

Post by thedanpal »

Here is the latest datalog. Let me know how it looks.
thedanpaldatalog05.fpdl
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks great again. We will now do one with vtec at 4000, still on the 40* cam angle. This datalog can be a ten minute datalog if you want. We just need a clean third gear WOT pull in there.

The injector duty is definitely on the high side. But we will see how it finishes out and go from there.
thedanpal.SD.Rev06 (40Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(22.74 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
thedanpal

Post by thedanpal »

EFICU wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:37 pm Looks great again. We will now do one with vtec at 4000, still on the 40* cam angle. This datalog can be a ten minute datalog if you want. We just need a clean third gear WOT pull in there.

The injector duty is definitely on the high side. But we will see how it finishes out and go from there.
thedanpal.SD.Rev06 (40Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
If at the end when we get the tune dialed in, the injector duty is still high and upgrading them is the best route, do we do the whole process over again or is it a tweaking scenario?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

If you go with something like RDXs, it's a simple tweak to change some injector data and then a revision or two to dial it back in. If you go with some much larger injector, it would need to be retuned completely. RDXs make life a lot easier and it's a simple swap, you just have to be sure to get OEM RDXs from a reputable vendor. There are fake ones going around causing a lot of issues.
thedanpal

Post by thedanpal »

Here is the latest. It was another brisk night here. Let me know if I should wait and do the logs on nights where its a little bit warmer and I can.
thedanpaldatalog06.fpdl
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 48 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks really good. Your car is really strong, it's demanding a lot of fuel even up top on that cam angle. Are you really close to sea level where you are?

Here is the next one. This one is just a test of the 45* cam angle to see how much it likes the 45* cam. This can be another ten minute data, just be sure to get a clean third gear pull. Vtec will be at 4300 on this one. Take it for a spin when you can, the next revision after this will be blended out so you get to see how it feels with everything back on.
thedanpal.SD.Rev07 (45Cam)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(22.78 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
thedanpal

Post by thedanpal »

Here is the latest log. Sorry its longer. It didn't stop it when I hit button. Let me know how it looks.
Where I am in Seattle is about 100 ft above sea level.
thedanpaldatalog07.fpdl
(4.03 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

it looks really good. It liked pretty much all the 45* cam angle we had in it. So I've gone in and finalized the cam angle map, and I think vtec might work better at 4100 so we'll try that and see what you think. As you might already know, vtec will only engage at 4100 near WOT. So you don't have to worry about shifting below 4100 at part throttle, you can go past it at part throttle if needed. Play with that a little bit.

Yeah I figured you were pretty low elevation. Your car runs a lot on WOT in column 10 which is just under max for NA, or really is max for NA. That's good though for you, more power with the good air.

So yeah, it's all blended out now so see what you think. Go back to the twenty minute datalogs with the third gear WOT pull. But feel free to have some extra fun with it if you'd like, it's plenty safe. We'll see how the next one looks.
thedanpal.SD.Rev08 (Blended)(Vtec4100).fpcal
(22.94 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
thedanpal

Post by thedanpal »

Here is the latest. I am hoping this one is good enough. There actually ended up being some traffic late night and cut the 3rd gear pull maybe a little short.
Looking at the app after the run, it definitely looks like some RDX injectors are going to have to be my next purchase.
thedanpaldatalog08.fpdl
(3.21 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks really good. I made some small fuel adjustments, and some ignition adjustments for the knock. But overall it looks really good. Take this one for a similar drive when you can.

The RDXs wouldn't be a bad idea. You're at 88% in this datalog, probably maxing at around 90-91% if you ran it out. So you have a little room, but it would be good to throw some OEM RDXs in there so you don't have to think about it.

Here is the next one for you. We're pretty much there, just splitting hairs to tighten things up a little.
thedanpal.SD.Rev09 (Blended)(Vtec4100).fpcal
(22.93 KiB) Downloaded 41 times