Flash pro HB CAI, skunk2 header, MF cat back exhaust, map

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
izz

Flash pro HB CAI, skunk2 header, MF cat back exhaust, map

Post by izz »

Hello, I’m also looking for your help. I got a 2011 civic si and I have only installed a magna flow cat back exhaust system on it. I also have the skunk 2 alpha header and the hybrid CAI but I haven’t installed them yet. I also have the hondata flash pro to go along with but I’m new to that. I would really appreciate it if you could help me out and guide me with it. Thank you in advance!
EFICU

Re: Flash pro HB CAI, skunk2 header, MF cat back exhaust, map

Post by EFICU »

When are you planning on adding the HR intake and Skunk header?

What octane fuel do you run? What is the climate like where you are, what is the temperature range from the cold to hot months?

The best way to tune your setup is to do it the proper route, where we go in and tune each cam angle, then blend out the tables using that data. This usually takes about 10-12 revisions as long as there are no mechanical issues. If you need it done quicker we can do it a quicker route, but this provides you the best product.
izz

Post by izz »

I will start on the headers ones I get the gaskets for it which will be sometime during next week. The intake I could do it ones I have the flash pro install from what I’ve been reading seams like I need to tune it ones I install it.

I run premium/supreme fuel on it that’s 93 octane.

I live in central Oregón elevation is 3077 feet.

Typical weather conditions in the summer, from June to August, consist of highs in the mid-80s to lows in the 40s with a slight chance of precipitation. Summer sees an average of eight days of rain. The fall, from September to November, sees an average of 13 days of measurable rain and four days of snow. The temperatures are milder in the autumn months with average highs in the mid-70s to lows in the 20s.
The winter is from December to February, but some argue it should extend through March due to unpredictable spring weather. The winter months see average highs in the mid-40s with lows in the low 20s F. Redmond’s average precipitation is about 3.22 inches from 22 days of rain and 16 days of snow. The spring season is from March to May with temperatures ranging from a comfortable 65 degrees to lows of 25. Spring in Redmond sees 13 days of measurable rain and about a week’s worth of late snowfall.

I had to Google that for a more detail answer.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah you definitely don't want to install the HR intake until you get a proper calibration in there. You will get check engine light codes and it will run terrible.

That's good you run 93. That will help with knock protection which is great.

Sounds good on your climate. With all the mods you will have, your injector duty cycle will be near the limit for safety. So if you were in extreme cold it might max them out. As it gets colder, the ECU adds fuel for the cooler air. We'll keep an eye on injector duty cycle as we tune it, if it starts to get high we might begin to think of adding injectors. We'll see though.

If you're anxious to get the HR intake installed, I can send you a file for the HR intake to get started on and have fun with while you wait for the header gaskets. We can clean up the tune in one or two revisions, so you can have fun for the next week or so while waiting for the gaskets. The header makes a massive difference in the tune, so we would need to do a full tune still once the header goes in, but at least you can have some fun with the intake for now. Or, if you want to wait and do the header and intake at the same time, I can send you a file for your current setup with just the catback.

Let me know.
izz

Post by izz »

It does get pretty cold out here sometimes and might need to add them injectors just so it runs good during the colder weather but we’ll see like you said.

And do to that cold weather right now I haven’t been able to work on the car like for me to put the HB intake, I would like to set up the flash pro as well and install it. Is there like a tutorial video or link for that? Ones I do get it install I would like the file for what I just got on the car now ones I get the feeling of it I will then put the HR intake while I wait for the gaskets to get here.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah once you get to the 90% injector duty cycle mark you want to start looking into adding something like RDX injectors. It's not a bad idea to them just in case, but I don't like telling people they need to spend $380 if they don't have to.

If it doesn't get near 0* f, chances are you will be just fine. When it gets really cold like that, it adds a lot of fuel on wide open throttle. You are fine for part throttle driving of course, but if you were to go make do a lot of aggressive driving when it's near 0* f, you could max the stock injectors with your mods. We'll see though.

Here are a couple tutorials, one is an old presentation from Hondata but still relevant. Then another is just a Youtube video from a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwkDRBJyp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdt8iqcMN6U
izz

Post by izz »

Thank you I will get back to you ones I get that installed
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Just let me know.
izz

Post by izz »

Good morning! I have downloaded the software for the Hondata do I need to hook it up to the car now to get the car ecu info and lock it or wait for you to send me a file
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yes you will have to connect it to your car to lock the FlashPro to your ECU. Do you want to run a stock tuned calibration from me for now until you install the intake, or just wait until you get the intake on to upload a calibration?
izz

Post by izz »

Yes I could run the stock calibration for now. Will that be the same if I only have the mf cat back? I will hook it up and lock it here shortly
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah the catback will only make a small difference in the tune. Go ahead and upload this file to the ECU, then we will have you make a datalog so we can see how it looks.

Have you looked into how to datalog yet?

Here is the file for you. Save this one, and upload it when you can.
izz.Hybrid.Rev01 (Blended).fpcal
(23.23 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
izz

Post by izz »

I haven’t looked into data logging yet but I will here in a bit. I’m gonna get on my computer to download that file and uploaded
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. The datalogging is very simple. But let me know what you find and we'll get you going.
izz

Post by izz »

I just did a datalog and will send it, I did notice a little difference on the car is a bit smoother and rpms looks like I could go a bit higher before shifting, like the motor doesnt seam forced and need to shift. dont know if is a good explanation but i did noticed that.
Attachments
datalog0000 1.fpdl
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 74 times