K-tuned 3.5 SRI Which tune to use?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Schmidtty7

Re: K-tuned 3.5 SRI Which tune to use?

Post by Schmidtty7 »

My apologies for the interjection, Im facing a similar concern and was hoping for some guidance. I have a 2010 Acura TSX (K24Z3) with an AEM SRI, similar diameter if not exactly. Im still using the stock MAF and it throws a code for the MAF and bank 1 being too rich (P0172), I assume its trying to compensate for the added air, and the mixture with the intake is not able to compensate with the stock fuel trim. I plan to get a Flashpro, but want to make sure I can rectify this before I invest, could you advise EFICU? Will I need help with custom tuning or does Hondata provide a proper tune to fix this?

Thank you for the help, I greatly appreciate it.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Schmidtty7 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:59 pm My apologies for the interjection, Im facing a similar concern and was hoping for some guidance. I have a 2010 Acura TSX (K24Z3) with an AEM SRI, similar diameter if not exactly. Im still using the stock MAF and it throws a code for the MAF and bank 1 being too rich (P0172), I assume its trying to compensate for the added air, and the mixture with the intake is not able to compensate with the stock fuel trim. I plan to get a Flashpro, but want to make sure I can rectify this before I invest, could you advise EFICU? Will I need help with custom tuning or does Hondata provide a proper tune to fix this?

Thank you for the help, I greatly appreciate it.
Hello. Without seeing a datalog showing the problem it's hard to say 100% it can be rectified via FlashPro and tuning. It is most likely possible, but I can't say for certain and wouldn't want to wrong in the event it doesn't. If the fuel trims are too rich, then it's getting too much fuel and not enough air. If you get a FlashPro, be sure to get the race version, the CARB version doesn't allow us to make any fuel adjustments. So keep that in mind when you look to purchase one.
Schmidtty7

Post by Schmidtty7 »

Just ordered, thank you very much. There is a base map for stock with the AEM SRI so hopefully that fixes it, if I switch the tune to MAP fueling would this cause any immediate issues? or Would I just have to smooth out the fuel table in most cases?

Thank you again for the insight.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem. Where are you seeing a basemap for the AEM SRI? Looking at 2010 calibrations, I don't see anything for a specific combo in FlashPro manager.

As far as swapping to the MAP fueling, yes it can cause an issue just like uploading any basemap can. You will need to do some datalogging right away, something like a ten minute drive just to get some quick data and make some decisions on that. To make the tune right, it will take more than just smoothing the fuel tables. If you just want something good, you can make some simple adjustments to get it close. If you want to tune it properly, you want to go in and tune each cam angle one by one, then blend everything out. This will give you the most complete tune and help to build a cam angle map that suits your engine demands.

If you want some help with it either way when the FlashPro shows up, just let me know.
JP00

Post by JP00 »

Hello don't mean to change the subject but I have a 2012 Honda civic Si I recently bought flash pro and have bought a K Tuned 3.5 SRI, which base map should I use.