2013 civic lx 1.8l r18 tuning help

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Mannyp73

Re: 2013 civic lx 1.8l r18 tuning help

Post by Mannyp73 »

Yea I would definitely want to do that with the hondata cause when I hooked up the sprint booster it did absolutely nothing but rev my engine really high without any throttle response and it set off a bunch of codes like P2127 for accelerator pedal position and like 5 other codes. When I put it in gear there was no throttle my car just stayed where it was and it also seemed like it caused my engine to slam so i took it off right away. So it did absolutely nothing
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I see, so you already have one and had a terrible experience with it then. Yeah I like to think the people who make products like that have good intentions, but then again who knows. The concept is just like hitting the "sport" button on most modern cars, that function tightens up the pedal relationship to make it feel "sportier". We can control that through Hondata, but it means on your platform that sport pedal is there all the time, which isn't a bad thing IMO. The pedal maps make a big difference IMO on how these cars drive and the feel. My old 8th gen was my first drive by wire car, and I was surprised by the disconnected pedal feel from the factory. Once I got a pedal map in, it's surprising how how brain notices the difference even though your foot doesn't feel anything different physically. With your car being an auto, I don't know how much difference it will make, but let me know. Can can try adjusting it here and there too, based on your feedback.

Here is the sport pedal map, noted in the title.
Mannyp.MAF.Rev01 (Sport Pedal).fpcal
(12.29 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

Ok thank you for your help.. I'll try both tomorrow and let you know how everything works out. And I'll run another datalog for 20 min or longer. Is it better to do some city driving and highway to get a better range like I did today or just one or the other? Thanks again
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

You're welcome. You can break it up however you want. The fuel trims were only off by just a few percent, which is great. I just tightened them up a little bit. We're mainly trying to see if the lean condition reveals itself again or not. Once we get some more data on the part throttle stuff, we can work on the wide open throttle (WOT) stuff. I can't imagine it was throwing a code from lean at WOT, but you never know. For now, we'll just monitor it and see how it goes.
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

EFICU, I flashed my ecu today with the tunes that you sent me and I definitely felt a difference with the throttle response and the o2 lean code hasn’t come back on so that’s seems ok so far. I didn’t have a chance to do another datalog yet tho. I had a lot to do today because I’m going to Pittsburgh tomorrow morning for work and I won’t be back till Friday afternoon sometime. I’ll definitely do some when I get back but that all depends on what happens with the snow storm cause it’s a 6 hour drive from Jersey and I’m driving my work truck there. I won’t kno exactly what I’m doing till tomorrow morning. If you don’t mind, what is your name? And again thank you for all of your help.. It’s greatly appreciated
Mannyp73

Post by Mannyp73 »

EFICU, How's everything going? Sorry I've been really busy with work and I been out of state 2x almost 2 weeks out of the last 4 and then of course we got hit that snow storm on the east coast. Anyway, my O2 sensor went off again for to lean. I was able to do a datalog for about 25 min if you can take a look and see what's going on. Also would you be able to adjust the throttle response to be faster than it is, it's definitely faster than it was but there still is a little lag. Thank you again.

Manny
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(6.11 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
DjShrek828

Post by DjShrek828 »

Hey I ran across this post, I have a 2011 civic lx auto, any chance on getting a sport pedal map? My car was tuned by etunez last year but it still has a bit of a throttle lag that I don't like. It's got a spectre Cai, not short ram, and a throttle body spacer as well as a gutted cat and a total evap delete.thanks either way
DjShrek828