Dialing in my 09 Si Coupe

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EFICU

Re: Dialing in my 09 Si Coupe

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that is fine, if nothing else, varying the RPM is good enough too. We don't want to hold the same speed and RPM for long periods of time is all. No problem on the clutch. I don't have any throttle dampening on, it's most likely the way it's locked on cam angle that makes it feel that way. I could be wrong though, but the dampening is turned off.

That one looked good. No knock, fueling was pretty good. I made some adjustments, we will now move to the 30* cam angle with vtec now at 5500. Same datalog and driving style with the third gear WOT pull for this one.
nboy1337.SD.Rev03 (30Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(21.73 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

It's feeling super good so far and just wanted to throw that out there. This one was a little on the short end of things and I apologize on that. I normally time them, this one came out to 19min. Felt like a longer drive than it actually was. That little bump at 6000RPM in the WOT pull was a bump in the road.
Attachments
datalog0001.fpdl
(2.7 MiB) Downloaded 48 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That's good to hear. Hopefully you'll be happy with it in the end.

No problem on the length of time. Anything around twenty minutes is fine so we can get good data averages. We don't want to make decisions on data sets from a five minute datalog is all. So you're fine. That one looked great too, only had one knock so I made adjustments for that along with some fuel adjustments. We will now do the 30* cam angle again, but with vtec at 4000 now. Take this one for the same datalog and driving style and we'll see how it looks.
nboy1337.SD.Rev04 (30Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(22.12 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Little rich on that one wide open, finally some traffic to stop and go with though haha!
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah only by a couple percent, all part of the process. Overall it looks good though. We will now move to the 40* cam angle. For this one, you can do ten minute datalogs, just be sure to get a clean third gear WOT pull. The WOT data is the most important data we need for these as you won't be using the 40* cam angle for much on the low cam other than the ramp to vtec. So you can do shorter datalogs to save you time. Vtec will be back up to 5500 on this one.
nboy1337.SD.Rev05 (40Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(22.39 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Superb. Feeling good on this one haha.
Attachments
datalog0003.fpdl
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it's looking good. There will be one more on this 40* cam and then we will blend everything out in the following one so you can see how it feels with everything operating as it should. So one more with the cam locked basically and then we'll blend it out. Take this one for a quick drive when you can, another ten minute datalog is fine. The WOT pull is our main focus again. Vtec will be at 4000 now.
nboy1337.SD.Rev06 (40Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(22.63 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Here ya are, good time to get this moving forward today :)
Attachments
datalog0004.fpdl
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I've got it blended out now based on the data. It looks like your setup might like some of the 45* cam angle map, so I am going to put that into the cam angle map to see how it looks in the next datalog. It might be just a little too much cam angle for the mid range, but see how it feels and we'll see what the data shows. Either way, take it for a spin and see what you think. It will take another few revisions to smooth out all the fueling and everything now that it's blended, but it will give you a good idea of the overall product. Vtec appears to be happiest at 4300, we'll see what you think of it there and we can always move it up if you want it at 5000 or whatever you had it at before.

Go back to the twenty minute datalogs with at least one third gear WOT pull. Feel free to have some fun with it otherwise though, it's plenty safe to have some fun with now if you want.
nboy1337.SD.Rev07.1 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(22.9 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Datalog on the mix, had to take a different log didn't like the first one I recorded, didn't think it was enough and too much idling lol.
Attachments
datalog0006.fpdl
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it liked a little bit of the 45* cam angle, but not too much. I made some fuel changes for this next one, and a little bit of ignition for the one knock we had. It's looking good though. This one will be a good glimpse at the overall product with the fuel changes and cam angle changes.

Same 20-30 minute datalog and driving style for this one.
nboy1337.SD.Rev08.1 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.04 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Here ya are, coming from work, sorry for the delay.
Attachments
datalog0008.fpdl
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks really good. No knock, part throttle fuel is great, and WOT fuel was almost dead on. I made a couple fuel adjustments in the midrange to get the little bit of richness out. Take this one for a spin when you can and we'll see how it looks.

If the next one is good, we can try a hybrid calibration if you want still. Other than that, the only other tricks I have is a little bit different pedal map which we can try at some point too. So let me know after the next datalog if you want to try a hybrid calibration to see if you like the feel of that more, and we can see if your intake is okay with running on a hybrid calibration too. If it doesn't like it, then I won't recommend it. But we can at least try one if you're still wanting to do that.
nboy1337.SD.Rev09.1 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.04 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Here ya are. I just wonder if there's any significant difference with the hybrid? Do you think that could give more room for gain or how does that benefit? Also surprised I'm not peeling the tires in first. Maybe its the type of surface I do a first gear pull in, and TC is off but I'm not sure. Let me know what you think.
Datalog 9 is the cold start and Datalog 10 is driving data
Attachments
datalog0010.fpdl
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
datalog0009.fpdl
(798.89 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Hard to say what you will notice or not, I just remember your original interest surrounded the use of a hybrid calibration so I was addressing that now that we're on the homestretch is all. My main interest in it was you seemed to be unhappy with the other calibration before we got started making one for you, so I wanted to be sure we tried to get you on something you liked. It's hard to gauge how you feel about the current calibration, other than the tires not breaking loose. The only thing I can say to that is, the gutted cat isn't giving you quite the performance you may think. Back when I was tuned a decade ago by a good tuner, granted who didn't really do anything custom for me, I had a 3.5" intake, Berk test 3" test pipe, and the Apexi Noir exhaust. That setup didn't really spin the tires either. A friend of mine actually owns the car now. He installed a K-Tuned race header and I retuned it completely at that point, it was a completely different car with the new tune and the race header. So it might be something to look into, the 1320 header seems to perform well, or the Skunk and K-Tuned options are good as well. Once you get the header in there it really opens up. I would also recommend the Hybrid Racing or Skunk 2 3.5" intakes, but I'm not sure how attached to your current setup you are.

Here are the next to calibrations. One is the hybrid, noted in the file name. The next SD calibration is noted in the file name for that. Feel free to try them both, then see what you think. I made an adjustment for some WOT fuel and knock in the last one. We should be just about there on the SD calibrations, I am splitting hairs on things and basically just looking for knock at this point. The hybrid calibration may need some MAF scaling, so if it doesn't feel 100% on the part throttle, still make a datalog and we can adjust the MAF based on the data. Your intake resembles a K&N intake, so I used a MAF scale I have for that to get you started. The WOT data in both is good though.
nboy1337.SD.Rev10.1 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.06 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
nboy1337.Hybrid.Rev10.2 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.11 KiB) Downloaded 56 times