stock basemap knocking baddd

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
EFICU

Re: stock basemap knocking baddd

Post by EFICU »

No problem, we still found some knock to work on so it wasn't a waste of a datalog. We'll see how the next one looks.
koisky

Post by koisky »

Heres the new logs from this morning WOT pull is near beginning again
Attachments
New logs EFICU 3.fpdl
(3.51 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks good again, no knock. WOT fuel was rich as I suspected. Take this next one for a spin when you can and we will see how it looks. If the fueling is good, and knock free, we'll work on fine tuning the cam angle map if you want.
Koisky.Hybrid.Rev04 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.47 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
koisky

Post by koisky »

Got the logs. Traffic today was horrible so i got the best WOT pull i could. Datalogging in busy seattle isnt the best haha
And yea fine tuning would be sick. Already can feel the engine handling much better than before
Attachments
New logs 4.fpdl
(3.61 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks good. Fueling is just about dead on now, but we had a couple knock come back. Not a big deal, all part of the process.

Let's go ahead and get some data for the cam angle map at this point. This next calibration will have you locked on the 15* cam angle for the entire drive. For these, we only need something like ten minute datalogs, but be sure to get the best third gear WOT pull you can as that is the most important data set we need. All the part throttle fueling is great, so we're just trying to find out how much fuel each cam angle wants for WOT fueling. You can do twenty minute datalogs if you want, but all we really need are ten minute datalogs with as clean of a third gear WOT pull you can get.

Vtec will be at 4500 in this first one. The following revisions I will be moving it up and down to gather data, but I will always let you know where it's at. Also, with it being locked on one cam angle, you will notice that it might not be as powerful in some rpm ranges as the files we were doing, so don't panic. We're just gathering data at this point, once we blend it out again it should be stronger than the last few revisions you've been driving on.
Koisky.Hybrid.Rev05 (15Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(23.36 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
koisky

Post by koisky »

Heres the new logs, generally short but theres a super good WOT pull in there, also it seems im only getting 95% throttle even tho my foots all the way down is that normal?
Attachments
New logs 15 cam.fpdl
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks good, little rich here and there but that's to be expected. I made some changes to it, now we will move to the 30* cam angle with vtec at 5500. Same thing in this one, ten minutes or so is fine, just shoot for a clean third gear WOT pull.

And yes the pedal percentage is normal. Anything above 90% is usually fine, as long as the throttle plate it 100-101%, which yours is. Nothing to worry about, it's totally normal.
Koisky.Hybrid.Rev06 (30Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(22.79 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
koisky

Post by koisky »

alright good to know about pedal perrcentage, heres the new logs. Let off later than normal
Attachments
New logs 30 cam.fpdl
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks good, no knock which is great. I think we're on the right track there which was your main concern so that's good.

Here is the next one. You can do another short datalog, this is the 30 cam again with vtec down at 4000 now. Only two more after this and then we have the data we need, so we're almost through this weird stuff. Haha
Koisky.Hybrid.Rev07 (30Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(23.08 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
koisky

Post by koisky »

Great! doing all these logs is fun and I have learned so much over the past few days, appreciate all the help for real. Heres the next one, Another knock free so thats great
Attachments
30 cam vtec 4000.fpdl
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks great. Here is the next one, this will be the 40* cam angle with vtec back up to 5500. This is another you can make a short datalog with the WOT pull.
Koisky.Hybrid.Rev08 (40Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(23.16 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
koisky

Post by koisky »

Heres the logs, had to let off around 8100 if i need to redo i can :)
Attachments
Logs 40 cam.fpdl
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No you're fine, it looks good. It's falling off as it should on the 40 cam, but no knock so that's good. Same thing with this next datalog, it can be a short one, just shoot for a clean third gear WOT pull. Vtec will be at 4000 on this one. This is the last one locked on one cam angle, then we'll get you back to a blended file based on the data.
Attachments
Koisky.Hybrid.Rev09 (40Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(23.38 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
koisky

Post by koisky »

heres the newest logs sorry for the wait ive been trapped up with schoolwork
Attachments
40 cam 4000 vtec.fpdl
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem man, I know the burden of time is on you guys so it's all good. Especially with school, believe me. Haha.

It looks good. I've gone ahead and blended everything out now. It definitely wanted a different cam angle map than what we had before, so see how it feels power wise. Vtec also appears to be happiest at 4850 based on the data, so see what you think there. We can move it up or down a bit if needed, and we'll see how it looks with it at 4850. But see what you think, everything is blended out again like before so it should run pretty good. Go back to the 20 minute datalogs with at least one third gear WOT pull. But feel free to have fun with it however you want, it's plenty safe to have fun with.
Koisky.Hybrid.Rev10 (Blended)(Vtec4900).fpcal
(23.38 KiB) Downloaded 56 times