2007 civic si best basemap for my mods

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

ChrisT0PHU

2007 civic si best basemap for my mods

Post by ChrisT0PHU »

so all i am running is a Password Carbon fiber JDM intake (which is HUGE) and a invidia n1 cat back exhaust which basemap should i use?
EFICU

Re: 2007 civic si best basemap for my mods

Post by EFICU »

Unfortunately none of the base calibrations are designed for MAP based tuning. With that intake, you will definitely want to tune it on the MAP sensor as the MAF reading will be very skewed. Do you plan on tuning it yourself, or you just want something off the shelf to try to get you close?
ChrisT0PHU

Post by ChrisT0PHU »

i would love to learn how to tune it myself but i don’t have the knowledge right now so something off the shelf
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha. Are you planning to run this setup for a while, or are you adding a header or high flow cat any time soon?

I can help you with it if you want. It will take a few revisions to dial it in. The proper way to do it will take at least 8-10 revisions. If you're in a hurry or strapped for time, we can probably get it really good within 3-5.

Let me know if you want some help with it.
ChrisT0PHU

Post by ChrisT0PHU »

i’m not going to add anything but maybe a throttle body (not headers cause i live in cali) but i’m getting hondata in two weeks so if you’re still available then i would LOVE your help with this
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. Choose wisely with the throttle body, sometimes they can cause more problems than they are worth. Look up idle relearn issues and stuff like that. I have worked with a few people with the K-Tuned 72mm TB and had really good success.

Yeah California is tough, you should look into the Berk Technology HFC cat pipe though https://berktechnology.com/product/bt1101-hfc-met/ . It is an easy direct swap and will free up a good bit of power. The Berk pipe is $249 and a very high quality piece.

Are you driving with the intake on it now without FlashPro?
ChrisT0PHU

Post by ChrisT0PHU »

i’ll definitely do research on the throttle body and the header!
unfortunately right now i’m driving with my cat back invidia n1 and the passport intake without any tuning for them
do you charge to help me? or are you able to do it for free? i really want to learn the tuning side of cars it’s just hard to get into lol but the 8th gen is a great start
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah the Berk pipe is nice because you leave the stock manifold in place, just a direct replacement for the OEM cat pipe which is nice. Better than swapping a true header every two years.

Just take it easy on the hard accelerations with the intake and no tuning. Chances are the air fuel ratio has considerably changed. Part throttle driving the fuel trims will help to keep it in line, the wide open throttle stuff the fuel trims do not kick in. So it will most likely be lean.Once you get the FlashPro, we can get it safe and ready for you to have fun with.

I leave the money up to you guys. If you're happy at the end and want to send a few bucks that's great, if not, that's fine too.
ChrisT0PHU

Post by ChrisT0PHU »

Im ordering flash pro today! i’ll let you know when i receive it but i think if everything looks good and runs good in the end i could send over a hundred or so for your help but we can talk about price for your help if you want!

do you prefer to stay on this platform or would you rather go to another? thanks for your help man!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. The money is totally up to you.

I do like to get your information but I don’t want you to post your info on the forum. PM an email address and I will send you an email to get your contact info. Then we’ll work on everything here per forum rules.
ChrisT0PHU

Post by ChrisT0PHU »

okay! sounds good!