knock of the Charts. k24/k20

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
pandimus

knock of the Charts. k24/k20

Post by pandimus »

Ok, Backstory.

Something happened to old engine. Decided to build a Frank.

k24A4 block
stock tsx pistons/rods. New rings/Bearings etc.
Old k20A2 Head
PND ECU w/ver 2 KPRO

Problem

Knock. I set CEL to indicate Knock in kpro. It flickers quite a bit at idle, and if its not flicker slight acceleration of engine causes it to flicker again. I should indicate the conditions. I am using the 91 octane gas that i got from a cheaper gas station, I put in about 2 months ago when engine died. I am also not running an intake at the moment as I am waiting for the new one to get here on Sunday. If those are main factors i can wait until i fix them to continue further. I am also feeling a bit of a vibration coming from the engine. Not sure if this is a factor, but it sounds like i have valves adjusted a little too tight as they are noisy.

you can see the knock is off the charts.
first.kal
(163.21 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
k24_k20 08_04_first.kdl
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 134 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: knock of the Charts. k24/k20

Post by Spunkster »

You should start by correcting the known issues, especially the valve lash. Make sure everything is tight and that there is nothing rattling around in the engine bay.
somebodieshero

Post by somebodieshero »

What if you have a loud exhaust racing header and solid mounts? Because I’ve heard could be false knock
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should still try to correct what is causing the noise that is registering as knock.