Can Flashpro ignore most sensors like Trans, VSS, EVAP?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
charosenz

Can Flashpro ignore most sensors like Trans, VSS, EVAP?

Post by charosenz »

I am using a Honda engine is a kitplane. I would need the ECU to ignore many sensors that are not being used like the transmission, VSS, EVAP, Etc.

Can Fashpro be used to ignore the non-engine sensors?

Thanks you.

Charlie
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Can Flashpro ignore most sensors like Trans, VSS, EVAP?

Post by Hondata »

Nope. You're going to get a lot of error codes and possibly limp operation.
Hondata
charosenz

Post by charosenz »

I would like to know more.

I see that there is a flashpro version for both the k20C1 for the 2016+ civic and the K20C4 for the 2018+ Accord.

Either of these would be great engines for my project.

If I connect all the systems on the engine, but do not have sensors for the transmission, or Lower Cat O2. Will this cause error codes or Cause a limp home mode?

If there is a experienced tuner out there that is willing to work with me I am willing to pay for consult fee.

Charlie in SW Washington.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

None of these will work for what you are trying to do. You will need a stand alone for something like this.
SirMorris

Post by SirMorris »

charosenz wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:53 pm I am using a Honda engine is a kitplane. I would need the ECU to ignore many sensors that are not being used like the transmission, VSS, EVAP, Etc.

Can Fashpro be used to ignore the non-engine sensors?

Thanks you.

Charlie
Have you thought about tricking the ecu by setting up a dummy fuse box with fuses for the trans, vss and evap? never tried it myself but logically, it makes sense! if you run a wire from the ecu's input wires and then through the appropriatly amp'd fuse, then to something with the same amperage level as the sensor in which you are trying to match it with, the ecu may think it's working properly. If not, at least then you should be able to flash the ecu with the flassh pro.

Steven
charosenz

Post by charosenz »

Steven

Yes, I have thought about that alot. But the only way to really know the results would be to buy the complete engine, with full harness, ecu, and all the sensors, which for say a K20C4 would be about $3000. I am reluctant to spend $3K without knowing if it would work. If I knew it would work, I would do it in a heart beat.

But no one I have talked with has any idea if it would work or not. I have talked with Hondata, tuner, and many nationally ranked tuners (jeff evans and 4-pistons) and no one knows.

I suspect that many sensors are simply "CEL" and if not installed would not cause any performance problems. Just annoying codes. But as you can expect, some would be critical.

I wish I had a someone that would be willing to work with me on this by removing a sensor individually, and see the results, but no one is willing to do this. Oh well.

As far as fuse go, I do not believe it would be that simple. Most sensors are either PWM 5v logic voltage or rely on variable resistance to feed the ECU. It would take some real knowledge to know how to "trick" the ECU to be happy. Take for example the VSS. I suspect it gets a 5v voltage reference signal for speed based on a variable resistor. Much like a TPS and MAP sensor operates. Those are easy to "fool/Modify".

I think it is completely doable, but not without someone with more knowledge on the various sensors and how it affects FlashPro (or tuner for that matter).

Thanks for asking. May be someone will jump in here that has the knowledge I am looking for and be willing to help. If so, I am happy to pay for their time.

Charlie