2019 ctr bluetooth wont connect

redlinectr

2019 ctr bluetooth wont connect

Post by redlinectr »

Has anyone else had any luck getting the flash pro to connect to the head units bluetooth. I tried to connect and it says to enter 0000 on device to connect but there is no way to hit anything on the flash pro because it has nothing to press. So I tried it with the box checked that says Alternative pairing mode and it makes it a little further and pairs for a second or two then disconnects and will never stay connected.
Attachments
bt.PNG
bt.PNG (19.52 KiB) Viewed 8888 times
alt bt.PNG
alt bt.PNG (19.66 KiB) Viewed 8888 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: 2019 ctr bluetooth wont connect

Post by Hondata »

On the CTR I think you need to leave the box unchecked.
What version of the app are you using? 1.5.4.x works well for us.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21545
Hondata
redlinectr

Post by redlinectr »

If I leave the box unchecked it never connects to the head unit's bluetooth because it wants me to enter the code to pair. If I check the box it will pair and then connect and disconnect over and over again. It's not the app that is having the problem because I can never get the fpm to stay connected to the head units bluetooth.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What version of the app are you using?
Hondata
redlinectr

Post by redlinectr »

1.5 but the problem is the bluetooth wont even stay connected to the flash pro long enough to even connect to the app. I just see the bluetooth icon on the headunit turn off and on off and on.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

1.5 what? If it just says 1.5, then it is old and that is the problem. It should be 1.5.4.1 or similar.
Hondata
redlinectr

Post by redlinectr »

I'm not sure how to tell for sure but I've tried every 1.5 version that is on the forums here viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21545

Unless I just don't get what your saying but I still don't see how its an issue with the app with the flash pro itself wont stay connected to the head unit? Is the flash pro supposed to stay connected to the bluetooth head unit all the time because it does not. I'm pretty sure it should say paired devices and have flashpro in there and just auto connect but mine doesn't because it wont stay connected to the head unit.
Attachments
IMG_0196.jpeg
IMG_0196.jpeg (817.5 KiB) Viewed 8867 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The version number is shown on the bottom right when you start the app. If it does not have anything then it is an old version.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We do not know yet if the 2019 will even work as this has not yet been tested. Since this has an updated head unit it may be something that Honda has changed.

Have you paired the FlashPro via the Android Bluetooth settings before trying to connect in the App?
redlinectr

Post by redlinectr »

Yes that is why I'm saying it wont stay paired. You can pair it and it will just connect and disconnect over and over on the head unit. If you sit there and wait the flash pro will pop up in that same box as paired then go away paired then go away. I would say something has changed with the head unit or something is wrong with the bluetooth in the flash pro itself but it seems to hold a steady connection on my samsung s9+.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like there has been a change to the head unit. We have a 19 Civic SI that we will look into this in the next week or so.
redlinectr

Post by redlinectr »

Ok thanks, let me know if you need me to test or send you anymore info.