2017 Si - Start in sport mode

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
JScharn

2017 Si - Start in sport mode

Post by JScharn »

I'm using the CARB-compliant built in tune for the 2017 Si Sedan. Before purchase I thought I'd seen an option for the car to start in sport mode, but I don't see this anywhere in the software. Has that feature been removed? Or am I just looking in the wrong place. Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Si - Start in sport mode

Post by Spunkster »

We will look into including this in a future release.
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

Does this feature change the shocks default setting or is the tune activating the sport mode and thus the solenoids on the shocks everytime the car starts? If this feature is enabled to start in sport do the shocks stay in sport when the car is turned off or do they default to non-sport?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No changes are made to how the shocks work. If it is in sport mode they are in sport mode.
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

That wasnt my question. Does the car default the shocks to non-sport mode when its shut off? (because they are electronically switched valves) i dont want my car to (start engine-the tune turns on switch valves to sport-shutoff engine-switch valves default to non-sport) I dont want them switching back and forth back and forth back and forth every time im key cycling the car. Thats what I want to avoid. So does anyone know if the shocks/car truly stay in sport mode when the car is shutoff? Or is the tune just activating sport during the startup sequence everytime?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I do not know what the shocks do when the vehicle is turned off, more than likely they loose power. This is not something we have any control over as this is how Honda designed them.
gtfrede07

Post by gtfrede07 »

Thank you for the responses.