K24a2 1000cc injectors lean idle - $$ for answer

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
JDMods

K24a2 1000cc injectors lean idle - $$ for answer

Post by JDMods »

Hello everybody,

I would greatly appreciate some help with my tune as I need my car for school ASAP. It will be going to a tuner within the week but I need it to run and idle so I can workout the kinks.

My setup is a stock 04 TSX k24a2in a 2002 ep3, 1000cc fid injectors (ev14), return fuel setup with walbro 255 and fpr, gt3582r turbo, stock map sensor, aem windeband wired into AN0 for closed loop.

My car starts and idles awesome!! The ISSUE is once I "blip" the throttle and release even just at ~2% throttle it hits fuel cut then STAYS lean at around 18afr until I turn the car off and try again. I have attached the tune and a log (see the end of the log) which shows me blip the throttle and then AN0 (wideband) goes lean and stays there at idle. Any help would be awesome!

It doesnt seem to be a mechanical issue.... FPR pressure is constant and no vacuum leaks. Thanks! Willing to send $$ from paypal for a solution!!
Attachments
ep3 lean when throttle.kdl
see end of log when throttle is blipped
(7.67 MiB) Downloaded 152 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: K24a2 1000cc injectors lean idle - $$ for answer

Post by Spunkster »

Something is not right as your short term trim is maxed out at 46%. Have you tried not running in closed loop to see how it runs?
JDMods

Post by JDMods »

Hello thank you for your reply. I have come a long way since this post and got my car running decently by adjusting the fueling tables and setting min/max strim to -15/5. I am still having an issue however that it will sometimes max out the strim even if not necessary and it NEVER subtracts fuel even if it is running pig rich in closed loop. I have attached a new map and datalog that I would greatly appreciate if you took a look. You can see the closed loop issue around 6:30-7:30 on the log and the only reason it isnt pig rich is cause I limited the max s trim to 5%.

Ps. I tried switching all the AFR settings to Lambda to see if it worked but no luck. Let me know if you have any ideas please :)
Attachments
cl 1.kdl
(6.16 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
GOOD EP3.kal
(169.43 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
JDMods

Post by JDMods »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:21 am Something is not right as your short term trim is maxed out at 46%. Have you tried not running in closed loop to see how it runs?
also, I did try that and it would run better as it goes directly off the tables I just wanted closed loop to work as it is a daily driver
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You just need more time tuning it. This really needs to be tuned on the dyno and the dyno tuner should be able to get this running in closed loop properly.
JDMods

Post by JDMods »

So all my settings look correct? It is going to the tuner in 2 weeks but I was hoping to have closed loop working better before then.
JDMods

Post by JDMods »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:00 pm You just need more time tuning it. This really needs to be tuned on the dyno and the dyno tuner should be able to get this running in closed loop properly.
Hey Spunkster, I went to my tuner last week and got a proper dynotune. He also was not able to get the closed loop working off of my AEM 30-4110 analog input. It does work off of the stock "wideband" but I find it kind of slow and sometimes not accurate. Is there any chance you can look into this and see if there is a bug in the program or something?

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried enabling the target lambda tables in the closed loop advanced tab?
JDMods

Post by JDMods »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:14 am Have you tried enabling the target lambda tables in the closed loop advanced tab?
no I have not done that yet as I am worried it will mess with my dyno tune. Is this true?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you want to run closed loop and haven't tried this all I can say is that you should try it. How closed loop works all depends on how good the tuning is.
JDMods

Post by JDMods »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm If you want to run closed loop and haven't tried this all I can say is that you should try it. How closed loop works all depends on how good the tuning is.
That makes sense. I tried enabling that and referencing my wideband input (AN0) but the same thing happened where it would just max out the S-trim level. I then disabled the target tables and chose the stock wideband as my input and it worked good. I am okay with these settings for now but I am still confident that the 30-4110 wideband input doesn't work for closed loop. I am not a programmer so I am not sure if it could be a bug or something in Kpro but it definitely doesn't act as it should. No rush to look into it as it is working on the stock sensor but if that sensor fails it would be nice to use my AEM 30-4110 for closed loop. Thanks again!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to post the calibration being used as well as a datalog with everything hooked up and showing what is happening when not working.
Shermanaxofe

K24a2 1000cc injectors lean idle for answer

Post by Shermanaxofe »

thanks alot for valueable help. Tomorrow i will search market and try to find compatible wifi USB and if succeeded then i shall post result.

Regards

Bagram