S300 V3 HELP!

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
DannyBeKoolin

S300 V3 HELP!

Post by DannyBeKoolin »

Hey guys, so i had bought a s300 V3 in a p05 new from a seller out in Texas. I hooked up the s300 to my car, and it will not pick up any info off the car. Also there is only one green light lit up on the board which is D4. i have no clue whats going on.
B20vEf9

Re: S300 V3 HELP!

Post by B20vEf9 »

Mine has the same issue except when I plug it in I got
A solid cel and red flashing light by usb on hondata board
Cannot upload or do anything really I got a brand new ecu too
jayrod1240

Post by jayrod1240 »

Yea I'm having the same issue. I replaced a burnt out p28ecu socketed for my s300. The c14 capacitor failured and burnt a nice hole in the board. I think it might have gotten wet. DA integras tend to get a leak right above the ecu location , how convenient. So I bought a new ecu from tri state motor sports. The ecu was a po6 with all new capacitors, Boost by gear and s300 ready.
I drove the car for a 30 min and parked it. When I went back the next day to start the car , she wouldnt start. I started to investigate and noticed 2 things.
1. The fuel pump wasnt priming
2. The green led by the usb plug was no longer lit up at all. It wasnt red either. But on the inside of the ecu , the s300 board there was a green led light on , on the upper right hand corner.

It gets better. So they swapped out the bad ecu and I got another one. Everything worked fine for about a week. My friend came by and fooled around with my base tune with his labtop. Next day I couldnt get my s300 on line with any of my labtops. It wont allow my to install the Usb drivers . The car still runs with the ecu but I cant go online to make any changes . Any one else with possible solutions to these issues. I'm leaning towards a faulty S300
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

These all sound like they could be installation problems with the s300 in the ECU. You should discuss this with the dealer you purchased it from as they are the ones that more than likely did the installation and it may be something simple that just needs to be corrected in the socketing of the ECU. You should also replace all the capacitors in the ECU as they are over 25 years old and have a life expectancy of about 10 years.

https://www.hondata.com/accessories/capacitor-kit
DannyBeKoolin

Post by DannyBeKoolin »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:39 am These all sound like they could be installation problems with the s300 in the ECU. You should discuss this with the dealer you purchased it from as they are the ones that more than likely did the installation and it may be something simple that just needs to be corrected in the socketing of the ECU. You should also replace all the capacitors in the ECU as they are over 25 years old and have a life expectancy of about 10 years.

https://www.hondata.com/accessories/capacitor-kit
alright so i had sent it back to the seller , and he put it on his own car and it works no problem. he tired the s300 in 2 different ecus and no problem. its gotta be a problem in the car but i really dont know what. bad grounds?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IF it works in another vehicle then you need to look at all the wiring and determine what has been changed or damaged and repair it or put it back the way it should be.
DannyBeKoolin

Post by DannyBeKoolin »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:50 am IF it works in another vehicle then you need to look at all the wiring and determine what has been changed or damaged and repair it or put it back the way it should be.
i had bought the car recently so i really dont know what has been done. i started to go through the harness and check for power and ground, im waiting for the seller to send me back the ecu and test it out. im gonna change all the ground wires also. also im not sure if Canada Honda's are different when it comes to wiring. i have a 99 SiR civic with a B20vtec.
DannyBeKoolin

Post by DannyBeKoolin »

so i notice on the ecu side of the harness the CKF Bypass Trick had been done. would this effect the s300 from working?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It's possible.