K20A3 and i-VTEC...I NEED HELP! PLEASE!!!

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.

Is i-VTEC really what it should be???(For the K20A3 anywayz...)

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 3

Blazzik03si

K20A3 and i-VTEC...I NEED HELP! PLEASE!!!

Post by Blazzik03si »

So...here i am thinking about my K20A3 (03 Civic Si Hatch) Motor and how i dont like there only being 2 lobes per inlet on each cam. Thats what i used to love about the B16 is that when VTEC crosses over, you feel it PULL! Now i dont know wtf they are doing with this i-VTEC on the K20A3 but it sucks...

Unlike the K20A2 (Having 3 lobes per inlet on each cam) im wondering if i could slap a RSX Type S or S2000 Head on my existing block and get a new ecu. Of course i ight have to get a new key, and immobilizer? unit to go with the ecu im assuming.

Could anyone please tell me if this is possible?
Am i out of my mind or does this seem like a good idea?
I need more information on the difference in the K20A2 and K20A3. Hondata explains quite a bit in their tech section but dont have a whole lot of info on the K20A3. I am interested in anything anyone has to say about it. =)

Also if anyone knows where i could get a head and ecu for this application please let me know....

Thanks
Zach
Noah

Post by Noah »

A great place to start would be rsx-performance.com these guys know there stuff. They can probably point you in the right direction.

Good Luck :!:
Noah Najor