2013 Honda Accord ELD Disable

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
randomman02x

2013 Honda Accord ELD Disable

Post by randomman02x »

Will Hondata FlashPro Accord 2013-2015 US L4 (CARB) disable ELD on my 2013 Accord L4 and make the alternator produce a steady ~14v or is it just deleting codes from the modules and cluster? I'm currently having an issue of voltage ranging from ~11v-14v because Honda wants to save gas mileage and shit. The reason I need this is because I'm running a power bastards 250amp H/O alt for a stereo system and it is not putting out the rated amperage that it can supply because the ELD is limiting the charging so hard. I'm not worried about losing gas mileage and am fully aware that this is a side effect of disabling ELD.

Also, is there any way to edit the parameters of the ELD system? For example, could I set it up so that the voltage doesn't go below say 12v but doesn't go over 15v? I'm not sure if that's a feature or even possible, but just thought that I'd ask.
randomman02x

Re: 2013 Honda Accord ELD Disable

Post by randomman02x »

Adding another thing here, I just read up on FlashPro and it seems that you can disable the fuel economy alternator control which seems to be the biggest issue that I'm facing here because it is making the alternator go into a eco mode and once the ac or something is turned on it will crank out 14v but then drop back down to eco mode and stay at ~12v.

Will Hondata FlashPro Accord 2013-2015 US L4 (CARB) have the feature under the misc. section to be able to disable fuel economy alternator control? After finally finding out about this "dual charge mode" this is the only question that I want answered before I spend $500 only to find out I can't do that because that is the only feature I want to edit and then basically put it away forever unless I need to read codes.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2013 Honda Accord ELD Disable

Post by Spunkster »

ELD can be disabled using the CARB FlashPro, but I canto tell you if it will give you the desired result.