CTR turbo

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
RyanR

CTR turbo

Post by RyanR »

So I've got this CTR turbo sitting here waiting to get installed. I've cross referenced part numbers and visually compared between cars and it looks like it should work with minimal parts required. Do you guys have any info on this? Are you planning on putting out a tune for Accord with this turbo?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: CTR turbo

Post by Hondata »

We've already done this. I'll try to get the calibration ready.
Hondata
RyanR

Post by RyanR »

Do you have any info on what does or does not need to be replaced with a Type R part?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The wideband fitting needs to be drilled out and a cooling line modified. We will do a write up at some point, but that is the information I have at the moment.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Here's the calibration for the AT
Attachments
Accord AT CTR turbo_6_s1.fpcal
(14.09 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Hondata
RyanR

Post by RyanR »

Thanks for the update. I’m planning on doing the install Friday. Could this be used on a 6MT?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This is the MT calibration
Attachments
Accord-Turbo-2.0-MT-2018-CTR.fpcal
(7.04 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Hondata
RyanR

Post by RyanR »

Thank you sir. Much appreciated.
RyanR

Post by RyanR »

In case anyone is doing this. The CTR turbo is not a direct bolt up affair. Few things need to be changed.

The CTR water pipe coming off the turbo has large hoses for both the top and bottom, so you need to get creative to find a reducer to bolt up to the water pump housing. Or do what I plan on doing, install the CTR water housing with oil cooler.

The other water pipe coming off the turbo requires a different hose. I grabbed one off the 2nd gen NSX engine I had sitting in the shop.

The stock intake arm will bolt up, but its not a very good fit. It rubs on the wastegate actuator. Going to order up the CTR arm and see if that fits.

The lower mounting bracket for the turbo will not fit either, you have to order the CTR piece.

And the turbo heat shield won't work. AF sensor is relocated to the downpipe so you would need the CTR shield.

Other than that, pretty straight forward. Engine is a little laggy down low now, but the midrange and top end make up for it.
RyanR

Post by RyanR »

Parts list for anyone thinking about doing this upgrade. Prices current as of this post. Listed as retail. You can find these parts for much cheaper at many of the online parts dealers.
18900-5BF-A01 - turbocharger - $1681
19522-RPY-G00 - turbo water hardline - $46
19524-RPY-G01 - hardline gasket - $2
19528-RPY-G00 - hardline hose - $15
18905-RPY-G01 - turbo bracket - $12 (not required but the Accord bracket will not work)
1/2" to 3/8" barbed reducer from hardware store

You will have to reuse the 3/8" water hose coming off the stock water pump housing and trim it to length. Attach the barbed adaptor to it and then to the hardline hose listed above. This will then connect to the water hardline coming off the turbo.
You can reuse the existing exhaust gaskets which is why they are not listed. But I went with all new gaskets for my install.
As listed above, you will have to fight with the inlet pipe to get it to bolt up, but it will get on there. Any other questions, hit me up and I'll do my best to answer.