Fluttering noise under partial & WOT

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
mkim316

Fluttering noise under partial & WOT

Post by mkim316 »

Hey there just picked up my non carb Flashpro followed the instructions on how to get started, and everything set up.
Loaded my calibrations onto my ECU. Loaded the Stage 2 tune

I have ‘19 2.0 Sport AT with 12K miles on it. My following mods are an AEM intake, and a Borla exhaust.
Under normal driving/cruising car runs great, but under partial or WOT I hear a fluttering noise I have never heard before especially from a stop but once I go I can hear a flutter when I get past 3k rpm. Flashed to Stage 1 no noise. I’m afraid I am doing damage with that flutter noise.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Fluttering noise under partial & WOT

Post by Hondata »

Make a datalog and post it here.
Hondata
mkim316

Post by mkim316 »

Flashed back to stage 2 so I could datalog for you. Not going to believe me the noise that was there is now gone lol. Here is a log of my drive, and a pull from 3rd gear too. Along with the stage 2 tune base map I use as well. Off topic though know any tuners in NorCal area more specific 916 area or the bay as I am from Sac.
Attachments
stage2_0701.fpcal
(14.42 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
datalog0000.fpdl
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 158 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is a list of our dealers at: https://www.hondata.com/us-dealers
mkim316

Post by mkim316 »

Welp the flutter noise came back now while I went for a morning drive and coffee. Someone on the AccordX forums said that it’s because of the extra boost has no where to go and it’s making that fluttering noise. Just wondering if it’s safe to drive on this tune with that noise, I am not feeling any loss of power the whole time I am driving.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It does not look like the turbo is in surge but you have a lot of knock. Check you fuel and go back to a lower boost calibration. The fuel tuning is not that good - probably the intake.
Hondata
mkim316

Post by mkim316 »

Finally had some time to flash it back to stage 1. Now I’m encountering a whole new problem. I can’t even flash my car nor will my car start now. When I plugged in the flash pro into my computer I come across this message in the pic I uploaded. Now my car won’t even crank. Just says press 2x times to turn off power. I tried flashing back to stock. Please help
Attachments
950AA956-AEE5-4BBB-B7CF-0ECBEA1625E4.jpeg
950AA956-AEE5-4BBB-B7CF-0ECBEA1625E4.jpeg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 2955 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With everything plugged in and the ignition in the on position, go to the Help menu and click on “send feedback”. Include a detailed description of the issue.
mkim316

Post by mkim316 »

Whew safe to say crisis diverted! I was just about to send you guys the feedback as you requested but something inside made me try to flash one time to see if it happens again. Happy to say it worked, and my car is running again back down to a lower boost calibration. But now I am getting christmas tree dashboard is standard procedure after I flashed down to stage 1 previously I never had christmas tree lights before? Just did a datalog, and posted it. Wanted to see if you guys can tell if I am still getting high knocks at stage 1? If so is it safe to drive around as a daily driver with this high of knocks?
Attachments
datalog0000_070821.fpdl
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
mkim316

Post by mkim316 »

Just wanted to post an update on the Xmas tree lights. They’re all gone now. So we are good now. But if you can take a quick peek at my datalog on the lower boost calibration tune
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It seems ok to me.
aviat443

Post by aviat443 »

I actually had the exact same fluttering noise when I went to the stage 2 tune. It didn't happen all the time but it was definitely present during partial and wot. That being said, I haven't adjusted anything and it hasn't done it in a year. It basically just went away. When it did happen, it seemed to only happen within the first 20 minutes of driving. I also only use 93 Octane Top Tier gasoline.

2018 Accord Sport 2.0T MT
Takeda Momentum Black CAI
Mishimoto Catch Can
Hondata Stg 2 Tune
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T MT
Takeda Momentum Black CAI
Mishimoto Catch Can
Hondata Stg 2 Tune