FK8 2020 EU - disable start/ stop

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
mariusramm

FK8 2020 EU - disable start/ stop

Post by mariusramm »

Hi guys,
It seems that the 'disable start/stop' function is not working after my reflash.
Car: Civic Type R FK8 2020 European market
engine code: 5BF-E34

And also: is there a way to disable that stupid and useless fake engine sound from my speakers? Is this something that can be done from FlashPro or the only way is to remove that device from the dashboard?
Thank you
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: FK8 2020 EU - disable start/ stop

Post by Hondata »

The operation of the button in the vehicle, or the stop/start operation, or the disable option in FlashProManager? And please elaborate on 'not working' and also provide the exact calibration.

Engine sound is nothing to do with the ECU - module under the dash. viewtopic.php?t=23425
Hondata
mariusramm

Post by mariusramm »

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry for not being clear enough, noob here.

I will better describe on a step by step basis:
1. I've used as a base, map called: Civic Type R FK8 US 2017+, 93 octane
2. In the "Misc" option, "auto stop/start enabled" is un-check, as seen in the attached pic
auto.JPG
auto.JPG (61.24 KiB) Viewed 3689 times
3. I've uploaded the map into the ECU.
4. When I start the car, I still have to push the "auto start/ stop" button that is located near the shifter to stop the "auto start/ stop" function. The car does not start with this function already disabled.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

#4 - does the engine not start or is it just that the auto stop function is not disabled?

Does it do this when using the 'factory settings'?
Hondata
mariusramm

Post by mariusramm »

4. The engine starts, there is nothing wrong with the car. It's just the auto stop function is not disabled according with the map setting.
In "factory setting", the car starts with this function "on". I have to press the button near the shifter to disable this function that keeps stopping my engine when speed is 0.
Tierlord

Post by Tierlord »

I think what he is referring to, is the symbol in the dashboard, which indicates that start/stop is turned off.
On an OEM car, you have to push the Start/Stop button once, to turn it off and get the said symbol.
If you disable start/stop via Hondata, you don't get the symbol. Which is a good thing in my opinion. Since the engine really does NOT shut down when you stop, even without you having to constantly by bothered by that symbol in your display.
mariusramm

Post by mariusramm »

My bad, I thought that the system is disabled only when that symbol is displayed. I will go for a ride later and check.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Thanks for the clarification. I'm interested in the answer because I never got much feedback after adding in the auto stop disable option.
Hondata
mariusramm

Post by mariusramm »

Sorry for the delay, I had no time today for a run and a feedback.
Tierlord

Post by Tierlord »

@hond
Hondata wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:13 am Thanks for the clarification. I'm interested in the answer because I never got much feedback after adding in the auto stop disable option.
If you need feedback.. Disable Start/Stop works for sure, but as far as I can tell, you can never turn it back on again (totally disregarding the symbol in the dash - I'm only talking about the actual engine shutdown).
mariusramm

Post by mariusramm »

If you need feedback.. Disable Start/Stop works for sure, but as far as I can tell, you can never turn it back on again (totally disregarding the symbol in the dash - I'm only talking about the actual engine shutdown).
Update: this is correct. Disable start/ stop works with the same mention as above. It does not matter if you press the button and that symbol is "on" or "off" on the display.
Sorry for not checking, I was only relying on that symbol.
Thank you Hondata.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Thank you all.
Hondata
thesilverbullet

Post by thesilverbullet »

Is this feature available for US market - '23 RDX SH-AWD? I do not see it listed as an option for US market. I see it listed for Euro version of FK8...
'24 ITR Tiger Eye coming soon...
'23 RDX SH-AWD
'07 S2K w/ JVT header, Berk 3" header back w/ TP Exhaust, AEM V3 CAI & Flashpro
'02 RSX-S w/cai/exhaust/dcrh/kpro - SOLD