Disable EGT Air Charge question

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
Juncura1

Disable EGT Air Charge question

Post by Juncura1 »

Hello and Happy New Year!

I've been using KPro and Flashpro for the past few years to help with mostly N/A tuning, but I've just purchased a CTR and want to learn as much as I can with my personal vehicle.

I recently setup a base calibration, did a few datalogs with the Disable EGT checked, and noticed a few instaces where the WGCMD was at 0mm for a short period of time. I've unchecked that option but had a question about tuning for that...

When seeing the WG at 0mm should I be looking at the Requested Torque table, Air Charge tables, Max Turbo tables, IGN tables or a combination of all 4? My initial thought was to lower boost and raise ignition, but then I remebered the Requested Torque tables. This seems a lot like BMW tuning which I am very light on.

Additionally, it seems that it would be common to see this condition at lower RPM under high load which would lead me to think that lower boost and high ignition adv would be beneficial, but what have you found to be the best procedure for tuning these conditions? I see a lot of discussions about WOT max/hp tuning, but that obviously doesn't translate to daily driving.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Disable EGT Air Charge question

Post by Hondata »

What is the problem you're seeing? The wastegate going to zero? That is normal during spool.
Hondata
Juncura1

Post by Juncura1 »

That makes sense. I was reading the tuning guide and saw the note about not wanting to see 0mm and it through me off.

Thank you and congrats on the team up with Spoon. I've been following then since the early 90's.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

On the FK8 I think you have to be 450 hp+ before the turbine speed becomes an issue.

On the 2.0T Accord, with largely the same engine as the FK8 but with the tiny 1.5 turbo, turbine speed is always an issue.
Hondata