What is TPK and why did datalogging not stop?

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
Centripetal

What is TPK and why did datalogging not stop?

Post by Centripetal »

I've been leaving my FlashPro attached to the car and have logged while taking few drives. I wasn't driving hard so I haven't been pulling the logs after every drive. The other day, I went for a drive and pressed the datalog button and the LEDs seemed to indicate is was not logging so I decided to pull the logs. Turns out the FlashPro was full. I did not go on that long of a drive. How did my datalog get full? In addition, what is this TPK file? I tried to download them but I had no luck as it stopped about 75% way through.
tpl_datalog_full.png
tpl_datalog_full.png (36.14 KiB) Viewed 5129 times
All the software and firmware was up to date when this occurred.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: What is TPK and why did datalogging not stop?

Post by Hondata »

Remove the datalog files and let us know it it happens again. There's nothing in the software the creates a file with a TPK name.
Hondata
Centripetal

Post by Centripetal »

Unfortunately, the data-logging failed to stop once again. I went to the store and hit the datalog button. When I got back, I pulled the FlashPro from the car and there was only one datalog. I kind of marked where I shut off my car in the picture below.
datalog_no_stop.png
datalog_no_stop.png (27.46 KiB) Viewed 5106 times
I noticed a revision of the FlashPro firmware so I updated. Consequently, I did not remove the FlashPro from the car so it _could_ be a soft-error. Therefore, my plan is to give it a go again with the new firmware and a re-flash. By the way, I am an engineer so if you'd like me to check anything, let me know.

I know some cars will keep the fan on when its hot for up to 30 minutes. I am not sure if the FK8 does that. I haven't noticed as I'm usually running to the next place with A/C.
Centripetal

Post by Centripetal »

Removing power, updating the firmware and calibration has seemed to resolve the issue. I am willing to caulk it up to a soft-error if Hondata is. For the audience, a soft-error is not a firmware/software bug.