Traction Control Not Working

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Traction Control Not Working

Post by Hondata »

It's working. The ECU is pulling the maximum amount of ignition it can but you are still getting wheelspin. Reduce the torque in the lower gears more.
Hondata
shadow.ctr

Post by shadow.ctr »

Thanks!
nYdGeo

Post by nYdGeo »

Update many months out. I did discover that my Cruise Control was on. I did too many things at one to identify where the sure came from, but I believe I understand the situation now. Cruise control off and VSA off or completely off, I believe it's working. I'm on 3 or 4 versions newer software now. The car has PRL Stage 1 intake with K&N, PRL intercooler and hose kit, PTP Turbo Blanket, RV6 hi-flow cat DP into AWE Street Exhaust. Created the new tune based on the new hardware (DP & blanket were recently installed) and flashed it. Though the car is clearly faster, traction control behavior seems roughly equal, not bad, but not as good as it could be.

I believe I found the end solution in a post in this thread. I believe that the system is pulling out all the timing it can and it's still just badly over-powering the Pilot Sport's available traction. I may need to lower the torque some in first gear, maybe second as well. I just need to get an idea of what to set it to so that it still enables me to maximize the traction of a track wheel/tire combo.

In summary, I believe it's working, but simply cannot pull out enough power to control first gear effectively. All in all, a bit too much power is a fairly cool problem to have!
LexieGrayRose_FK8

Post by LexieGrayRose_FK8 »

Have you tried messing with the slip control % on traction control section, I know for me it was the issue and I played around with that so a number which worked for me. Also did you select to cut torque in 1st and 2nd gear ? That should help some and if still too much then reducing torque request in 1st and 2nd in small increments is your next best step. Just remember changes you make and if not content change them back or keep adjusting until it meets your liking.

Good luck, curious to know what your end result will be!
nYdGeo

Post by nYdGeo »

Thank you for the input. When I created the new flash, I did select the reduced power in 1st and 2nd gears. I also may have figured out another part of the puzzle. This is the first car I've owned that when you power it off, it doesn't reset the cruise control. As a result, I have a habit of leaving it on which I recently learned, defeats the traction control. Hope to try it soon in the new configuration with the cruise control off!