CTR Losing boost at WOT after 4500rpm

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
iforyou

CTR Losing boost at WOT after 4500rpm

Post by iforyou »

I have a FK8 with the following mods:

PLM Downpipe and frontpipe combo
Injen Intercooler
PTP turbo blanket
P2R Turbo Inlet Thermal Gasket
USR Side Mounted Oil Cooler
PRL Stage 1 Intake with PRL air filter
Koyo Radiator
Hondata Flashpro (recently switched from KTuner because of the traction control)

As mentioned, I just recently switched from KTuner to Flashpro. I also just installed a bunch of mods at the same time (oil cooler, PRL stg 1 intake, rad, turbo blanket, thermal gasket). I tried going full throttle a few times in 3rd gear and the turbo boost would drop from 23psi to just about 5psi at about 4500-5000rpm. I tried with the 91 octane tune, stock tune, and even tried removing hondata from my car (i.e. unlocking Hondata from the car), and pretty every time it would do the same, that the boost would drop from 23psi to just 5psi or so. The power drop is very noticeble.

It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the tune since this still happens even on a stock tune. Could switching from KTuner to Flashpro cause this issue? Or should I check if something wasn't installed properly?
Attachments
datalog0003.fpdl
(949.2 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: CTR Losing boost at WOT after 4500rpm

Post by Hondata »

2:43 The wastegate is closed, the throttle is open but your boost drops and the engine goes lean. Seems to be related to VTEC too. I'd guess a massive boost leak like a split manifold, then I'd inspect the wastegate and turbo.
Hondata
iforyou

Post by iforyou »

You are right about a potential boost leak. When we were installing the koyo radiator, we removed the intercooler. Apparently the intercoolert wasn't reinstalled properly and so there was leak there. Today we reinstalled it and there's no more issue.

Also tested with the hondata tune with traction control. It's a blast to drive without worrying about wheelspin!

Again thanks for the help!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Good. Thanks for the feedback.
Hondata