Fuel pressure CMD too high?

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
Civicboi_fk2

Fuel pressure CMD too high?

Post by Civicboi_fk2 »

Hi Hondata,

I am currently having problems with what feels like boost cut whilst driving. Having investigated the Datalog all I can see which happens on every occasion is that the Fuel Pressure Command goes above 2900PSI and when it does the problem is present.

I have attached a datalog of a 5th gear pull from 2000rpm with WOT.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments
5gear 2000 to WOT.fpdl
(20.74 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Fuel pressure CMD too high?

Post by Hondata »

I think the problem is the other way around. The throttle closes and then the fuel pump PID control overshoots because of the sudden reduction in fuel flow.

Can you update to the latest version and then send a datalog where you don't release the throttle as quickly?
Hondata
Civicboi_fk2

Post by Civicboi_fk2 »

Hondata wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 am I think the problem is the other way around. The throttle closes and then the fuel pump PID control overshoots because of the sudden reduction in fuel flow.

Can you update to the latest version and then send a datalog where you don't release the throttle as quickly?
Hi,

I have just updated the software so will do another datalog tomorrow. I have looked over the other datalogs i have and it always seems to happen around 4000rpm and at various throttle positions.

I will post tomorrow with a new datalog and an update

thanks again
Civicboi_fk2

Post by Civicboi_fk2 »

Hi,

Done another run today, I believe the car is in some sort of limp mode, the car won't rev over 4000rpm in any condition.

There are no engine management codes.

I have attached the new data log

Attachments
Run 2 WOT 5th gear.fpdl
(36.16 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Return to stock, see if the problem persists. Post the calibration.
Hondata
Bravo

Post by Bravo »

@Civicboi_fk2

I was having the exact same issue about a month ago... I couldn't rev past 4000rpm (throttle cutting in and out) and my car seemed to be in some sort of limp mode.

Mine seemed to be related to a P0103 error (mass flow voltage high) which I cleared and then unchecked the P0103 setting from the sensors page in the FP calibration. Haven't had the issue since so I put it down to that.

Strange you say you not getting any engine codes though...
Civicboi_fk2

Post by Civicboi_fk2 »

Hondata wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:16 am Return to stock, see if the problem persists. Post the calibration.
This was my preferred option however I have a custom calibration which I don't have a copy of to upload.

However, I fully disabled VSA as per the Hondata notes (+R and hold VSA 10 seconds) and the car seems ok again, revving fine, etc.

is there any explanation to what has happened here?
Civicboi_fk2

Post by Civicboi_fk2 »

So the problem is still here.

Was ok yesterday on a test run, tried today and it is back to fault conditions. Trying the technique I used yesterday hasn't worked.

Do you think the best option is to revert back to OEM and see if the problem persists?
sloth4urluv

Post by sloth4urluv »

My guess would be something related too wiring on one of your sensors. (Possibly O2)
Looking at your datalogs your AF ratio is all over the place.

On your first datalog if you zoom in, right before you lift throttle your AFR jumps from 12:1 to 22:1 and then just kinda bounces between 13:1 and 22:1.

Your second datalog shows the same thing where even though you have the throttle pedal at a fairly constant 18% your AFR is bouncing between 14:1 and 22:1.

What year is your car?
Not sure if it is related, but the 2017 MY had issues with the wiring harness on the boost control solenoid.