dyno

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
Typer_guy

dyno

Post by Typer_guy »

i have a question is there a way to prevent codes from coming on when on the dyno i heard there is a maintenance mode that the car can be put in when i got my car dyno all vsa light came on and i just want to make sure its not holding the power back
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: dyno

Post by Hondata »

See https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/fk2_fk2_notes.htm

On the FK8 in R mode you can hold the VSA button for 10 seconds to disable the VSA completely, which will prevent errors. It should work for the FK2. Otherwise you have to do the pedal dance as outlined above.
Hondata
Typer_guy

Post by Typer_guy »

thank you u so much i know that the car can be put in a maintenance mode and the u car spin the front wheels with no light but i will try the steps for the vsa and show my tuner the rest
mladjan

Post by mladjan »

Hondata wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 am See https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/fk2_fk2_notes.htm

On the FK8 in R mode you can hold the VSA button for 10 seconds to disable the VSA completely, which will prevent errors. It should work for the FK2. Otherwise you have to do the pedal dance as outlined above.
When I turn VSA in R mode, will be able to do a run in comfort mode without errors? I want to compare power levels in all modes.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That only works in R mode. All other modes you will have to do the pedal dance.
mladjan

Post by mladjan »

Thx
Typer_guy

Post by Typer_guy »

Has anyone know what to do about the brake malfunction deal I got the vsa completely off but now about the brake
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you following the instructions at: https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/fk2_fk2_notes.htm
Typer_guy

Post by Typer_guy »

yes i am but am i not supposed to put on the ebrake so i leave it off and just strap in down
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes you can used the e-brake after doing the pedal dance, but eventually you may get an error condition and have to clear the errors and do the pedal dance again.
Typer_guy

Post by Typer_guy »

oh i see u have to do the pedal dance lol i was just holding the traction control down and waiting for the vsa to say it is full turn off guess i wasnt doing it properly