Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Bryceb466

Re: Tuning help please

Post by Bryceb466 »

I did get a cel for secondary o2
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah the code was pending in your other datalog. Is the exhaust ...?
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

No its catted
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Stock cat or aftermarket?
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

its a prl catted down pipe
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha. So then the issue is most likely the increased flow of the aftermarket cat. Simple fix is to turn off the rear o2 sensor in the tune and you should be fine.

In the calibration, click on “closed loop”, then uncheck secondary o2 sensor. That will turn it off, any high flow cat or cat delete will cause that issue.
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

here are the pulls. and cel went away on its own
Attachments
pulls.fpdl
(541.58 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

I really appreciate all help you are giving me looks like you help alot of people
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Bryceb466 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:35 pm I really appreciate all help you are giving me looks like you help alot of people
No problem, happy to help you guys. I know the helpless feeling in these scenarios, as tuning use to be very foreign to me. Even though I've been doing it for a while now, I still remember the days of looking at the datalogs and calibrations with so much interest, yet wondering how to do it.

So, in all honesty, it looks fine. Is there some performance left on the table, perhaps. On your WOT pulls, the AFR is following the commanded AFR down to 11.2 almost throughout the entire pull you're doing to redline, which is right in the safe range for boost. I'm sure you saw the AFR's, because it looks like you followed my advice on the baby pulls to 5000 or so before going to 6600, good on you to do that. Then when you made the WOT pull to redline it looks solid. Until you get it dyno'd, I wouldn't necessarily take it out and beat on it a lot, but if she wants to make a rip here and there I don't see any problems. AFR looks solid, no knock, injector duty looks good, fuel trims look good, etc. It honestly looks solid all over. There will be some performance gain from the dyno tune, granted you are taking it to a reputable tuner of course. Are you guys using the Hondata app on the factory radio as a display?

it looks like you're making about 23psi of boost at redline, is that in the range you were hoping to be or were you letting the tuner decide? I see conflicting information about how much boost these hold. The only guy with a 10th gen I spent considerable time with was pushing about 19psi, his was a non Si CVT car, which I know need to be held back on boost to protect the transmission. Just thought I would throw that out there in case you were curious.

Let me know what you think.

BTW, that same code for the rear o2 is pending. So it will most likely come back until you disable the rear o2.
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

awesome thanks again