FlashPro CARB 6psi base tune + Mishimoto SRI?

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
CypherBlaze1

FlashPro CARB 6psi base tune + Mishimoto SRI?

Post by CypherBlaze1 »

I've got a 2017 Civic sport hatch (1.5T, CVT) and I just bought the FlashPro CARB, and I'm planning to use the +6 psi base tune. Currently my car is equipped with a Mishimoto short ram intake, which is CARB legal. Supposedly if it's CARB legal, then it doesn't require and running, and can be used with the FlashPro CARB base tunes. But yet I see in the FlashPro Manager that there is a non-CARB base tune for that specific intake.

I'm a noob at tuning and flashing so I'd like to get a definitive answer. Can I use my Mishimoto intake with the CARB +6psi tune? If I did, what would happen? Or do I need to return the intake to stock??

A second question is if I use the intake and the +6 tune, will that add too much power and be potentially unsafe for the CVT? From what I understand, the +6psi tune adds 25HP and 35FtLbs torque, and the Mishimoto intake supposedly adds 16HP and 20FtLbs torque. That brings the car up from 180HP, 162FtLbs, to 221HP, 217FtLbs

Any answers/advice would be greatly appreciated
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: FlashPro CARB 6psi base tune + Mishimoto SRI?

Post by Spunkster »

As long as it's a CARB approved intake then it will not need any custom tuning to work properly with the CARB calibrations.

The calibrations we provide should be safe for the transmission as long as you do not power brake to launch.
CypherBlaze1

Post by CypherBlaze1 »

Thanks for the quick response. The reason I ask is because the non-CARB calibrations fur the car include one calibration for this intake. If this intake doesn't require any custom tuning, why is there a separate calibration there in the FlashPro Manager for using it?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It makes people feel better that the intake is listed. Don't worry about it.
CypherBlaze1

Post by CypherBlaze1 »

Haha ok thanks 👍