+9 PSI CEL Flashing

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
JasNeo

+9 PSI CEL Flashing

Post by JasNeo »

I have a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT with a Mishimoto intake and was using the +9 psi Mishimoto intake calibration for a few weeks with no issues. One day I was merging onto the highway when my engine cut power and the check engine light started flashing. I pulled over and checked the Hondata app for codes. There were 5 codes: P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303 and P0304. I turned the car off and restarted it and then it ran fine. I babied it home and since have been running the +6 psi mishimoto calibration cause I'm kinda scared to run the +9 again. I noticed there's a box you can check to disable misfire codes, but I don't want to run it if there's any risk of damage. Is this something that I should worry about? Am I safe to run the +9 with the misfire detection off?
janemar

Re: +9 PSI CEL Flashing

Post by janemar »

JasNeo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:30 pm I have a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT with a Mishimoto intake and was using the +9 psi Mishimoto intake calibration for a few weeks with no issues. One day I was merging onto the highway when my engine cut power and the check engine light started flashing. I pulled over and checked the Hondata app for codes. There were 5 codes: P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303 and P0304. I turned the car off and restarted it and then it ran fine. I babied it home and since have been running the +6 psi mishimoto calibration cause I'm kinda scared to run the +9 again. I noticed there's a box you can check to disable misfire codes, but I don't want to run it if there's any risk of damage. Is this something that I should worry about? Am I safe to run the +9 with the misfire detection off?
Hi.

99% of people will probably advice you to post your datalog here...

It could be your AFM is off to begin with. Do a quick WOT run on the +9psi map and see what afr your getting. actual vs. target.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have the factory clutch and flywheel installed?
JasNeo

Post by JasNeo »

Yes, I still have the factory clutch and flywheel
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should check your spark plugs to see how they look.
JasNeo

Post by JasNeo »

Replaced my spark plugs a few days ago because of this. Just wanted to check here to see if there's anything I should be concerned about before running it again
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you continue to get this issue, try returning to stock from the online menu and see if the problem persists.
brianresha

Post by brianresha »

I have had the same issue and after tuning back to stock, I noticed the plugs were damaged. I have replaced the plugs and ignition coils but the problem persists and continues to cause damage to the new plugs and needs constant replacing. Any advice?
Resharoni
bresha@me.com
2018 Civic 2 door CVT
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

How are the plugs damaged?
brianresha

Post by brianresha »

The porcelain around the part that creates the spark, had cracked and broken off. On another note the wire to my OBDII port wore out. I need to re-solder the wires to the OBDII port, but can’t find what color wire goes to what PIN number assignment anywhere.
Resharoni
bresha@me.com
2018 Civic 2 door CVT
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If the porcelain is cracking, then there is some other issue that is causing it other than the ECU if it has been returned to stock. I would recommend having the Honda dealer take a look at this.

If the OBD2 cable is damaged, then the FlashPro will have to be sent in to replace the cable.

Send an email to support <at> hondata.com with the following and I will issue an RMA and give you further instructions.

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email:
Serial#:
Description of problem:

Include a link to this thread.
brianresha

Post by brianresha »

Since I had to replace the battery, the computer has reset, and it was running terrible without a tune. I have trouble coming to Adela at start. Is there anyway you can share the wiring diagram with me just so I can place a tune on the car so it’s running well again and then I will send it in?
Resharoni
bresha@me.com
2018 Civic 2 door CVT
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The battery will not reset the ECU. We cannot provide wiring diagrams.