Stock intake and return to stock flash

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
brandonckc

Stock intake and return to stock flash

Post by brandonckc »

Can somebody help me take a look at my datalog.
This is with stock intake and "return to stock" flash, and unlock from vehicle.
After return to stock and unlock vehicle, i was curious how the stock map perform. So i did a datalog.
Surprisingly the STFT always at negative. At idle the STFT will be at negative -10% to -16%.
Before that i was using K&N typhoon open pod intake kit and a custom tune 22psi and i never have such high negative STFT.
And also my AFR is so rich it deeps down to ~9 from 3000 rpm and i never hit max boost of 16.5psi as advertised by Honda.

Is the "RTS" flash exactly return to factory map or hondata's version of stock map that try as close as factory map?
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Stock intake and return to stock flash

Post by Spunkster »

When you return to stock it is completely returned to a factory calibration.
brandonckc

Post by brandonckc »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:09 am When you return to stock it is completely returned to a factory calibration.
Thanks for the reply. Is stock running that rich? My AFR would go to 9~ when 50% to WOT. And max boost i hit is only 13.5 - 14 psi. Is this normal for stock?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Make sure you are 'returning to stock' rather than using the 'stock equivalent' calibration.

Return to stock is a 100% stock binary.
Hondata
brandonckc

Post by brandonckc »

Hondata wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:14 am Make sure you are 'returning to stock' rather than using the 'stock equivalent' calibration.

Return to stock is a 100% stock binary.
Yes. I go "online" -> and click "return ECU to stock" and wait for 3 minutes for the upload to complete, all error light on dash as usual when flashing, then turn off after flash complete. Then i turn on ignition again and go "online" -> and click "Unlock from vehicle".
Assume my car now is 100% back to stock factory map, while still having flashpro with me i went and datalog to see how a stock car run.
To my surprise it runs very rich.

Again my question is, my AFR would go to 9~ when 50% to WOT. And max boost i hit is only 13 - 14 psi. Is this normal for stock? (stock intake)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You do not need to unlock it unless you are planning to sell the FlashPro?