New incoming tune!

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
dataSquirrel

New incoming tune!

Post by dataSquirrel »

I'm relatively new to the tuning world. I definitely want to squeeze out some more responsiveness outta my 17 ex-t but also want to preserve the longevity of the car. I'm throwing on an injen SRI and planning to go with the provided basemap on the flashpro. Would the pre-set basemap be considered a "conservative" tune or would any mods/tunes in general reduce the life span of the vehicle and to what extent?

Cheers.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: New incoming tune!

Post by Hondata »

There's not much that can be tuned on the new turbo engines. The ignition control and knock generally looks after itself - if you change ignition timing the knock control will just alter the timing back to where it was. Likewise with the fuel settings. The main thing is to make sure the intake is calibrated correctly and when you install all the connectors sit correctly so that the air flow meter reads the air flow correctly. SRIs tend to not work as well as cold air intakes, as intake air temperature is important for turbo engines.
Hondata
dataSquirrel

Post by dataSquirrel »

Thanks for the reply!

What would be an indicator that the MAF sensor isn't calibrated or seated properly?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Look at your fuel trims. Generally they should be +-10%, +-5% would be stock like. With some intakes I've seen +-35%.
Hondata
dataSquirrel

Post by dataSquirrel »

Can we still datalog before locking to ecu?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Not all parameters can be datalogged.